Quite an eventful day ! Today's Mini Day rideout

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Quite an eventful day ! Today's Mini Day rideout

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:55 pm

Well - the much heralded downpour held off all day - so one way and another this weekend has probably been the best so far this Season for BMSC meetings.

The Mini Day Rideout saw plenty of action - but I guess for me the day is coloured by the departure (imminent) of Kev Sweet. I suspect that today was the last time most of us will see him on his SX.

On behalf of everyone in the Club, I would like to wish Kev and his lovely lady all the very best for their new life in Turkey. Kev has been one of the real stalwarts of the Club over the years and we will miss him. Hopefully, we will see him back for events like IoW - and you never know, he may do a "Barry" and decide that the grass is greener ( and the 2-stroke fumes sweeter) back in the UK.

Just to show the renewal cycle is alive and well, though - we were joined today by 2 new scooterists, Nick and Rick (no - they're not a comedy duo!). Both joined us en route to Bath - which was an interesting run, with Squeaky going for the BMSC record of shortest journey travelled before a breakdown. We managed to get to the Bedminster roundabout before his carburetor fell off (no joke!). He then compounded the felony by having the same thing happen at the Old Market r/bout. Still, I shouldn't talk since I suffered my first (ever) flat tyre on the A420 near Wick. I reckon the Ferrari pit team would've mumured positive noises at the speed I managed to change the wheel (well it was the first time I've ever done it). However, this wouldn't have been possible without Rick, Des and Ray contributing the necessary tools. Thanks guys.

We were glad to see Alan and his son (Weston S.C.) when we arrived at Bath Racecourse - plus Dave Merchant turning up a bit later - resplendent with new "Jimmy" exhaust on his SX. I think there were 12 or 15 scoots altogether at the Show.

We missed many of our usual Club guys - what with The Who playing at Southamton last night, plus a mixture of work commitments and technical scooter problems.

Anyway - we decided to call it a day at around 2:30pm, with dark grey clouds looming and we set off home via Bath. Further problems ensued - Sqeaky's scoot got all temperamental in Bath but a new spark plug seemed to cure it, then Jim's flying lady fell off it's stem (again) - I think she's trying to tell you something Jim ! - then Rick's SX packed up when we were belting back along the A4 but soon started again and seemed ok.

All in all quite a lot going on - and in a way these sorts of problems add to the spice of Club rideouts - and I think we're all glad to get together out on the scoots over this weekend. It must have been good because Rick's decided to formally join our Club. You're very welcome mate !

Of course, next weekend we have the Volksfest with the Mod night (Emperials playing on Saturday) - plus the usual Sunday morning rideout starting at 10am from The Arnolfini.

Very much hope we see even more BMSCers out next weekend.

Cheers
Norm
Last edited by Norm the Newsletter on Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Postby G.I » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:12 pm

Good to see you today guys.
I'll bring more tools next time.

Thanks.

Nick
G.I

Postby Myk » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:34 pm

Hi Guys,

You may remember me taking photos of your scooters outside the Arnofini this morning.

Can I have your permission to post some more here for you?

Cheers
Myk

Here's one.... The first bike to arrive.....

Myk

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:47 pm

Myk
Be our guest!
Post as many as you like
and thanks
Norm
Secretary BMSC
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Postby Jim » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:19 pm

Myk - that's a very nice shot- Graham Clark's scooter, looking absolutely superb! We're looking forward to seeing your other photos.

Cheerz,Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Myk » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:01 pm

Jim Burnham wrote:Myk - that's a very nice shot- Graham Clark's scooter, looking absolutely superb! We're looking forward to seeing your other photos.

Thanks Jim,

I've posted more on the Arnolfini Photos thread. I hope you like them.

Regards
Myk
Myk

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.