Where are all the BRISTOL MOONLIGHTERS now ????

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Postby Janis » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:10 am

Hi, just joined and didn't want to start a thread straight away, so sticking my question here! I was a mod (ette) way back in the mid 80s and used to go to the Soul Nite at the Mayfair Suite every Thursday. Was wondering if any of the people I knew from back then were still about and maybe on here? I was from Knowle at the time and we also used to go to The Red Lion there for a mod night. Reading this forum has taken me back I can tell you! If anyone remembers me, I was a teenager then, had a parka with my name painted near the fishtail and The Jam on the back. I would love to catch up with some old faces from the past! I was reading this thread and noticed some one called Biscuit, and that rang a bell! I'm sure he rang me once and I didn't know who he was! Even if no one remembers me, it would be great to meet up with some proper old mods some time!!!
Janis

Postby Gerry » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:03 am

welcome janis, :clapping: :clapping: drop down and see us anytime
Gerry

Postby Janis » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:40 pm

:-D Thanks! I will do that! When do you have your regular meets for drinks etc? I live in Kingswood now and noticed theres a Mod Reunion thing going on Oct 5th (Sunday Afternoon), at Bar Celona on the main shopping street, any of you going there?
Janis

Postby Chris P » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:28 am

Janis

thats the "Never On A Sunday" reunion (the Cafe that was in Fairfax Street)- remember it?

Chris
Chris P

Postby Janis » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:55 pm

Sorry, been busy! No, I think that was probably before my time maybe? I am hoping to go along to Bar Celona that day though to see whats going on!
Janis

Previous

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.