Where are all the BRISTOL MOONLIGHTERS now ????

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Where are all the BRISTOL MOONLIGHTERS now ????

Postby Chris Collins » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:01 am

I was looking at this page on your "old" website www.bristolmod.myby.co.uk/bristol_moonlighters.htm and I love the pic,

I couldn't make it to the photo shoot as I had something on that was important , I was in the Moonlighters from 1989-ish to early to mid 1990s having a baby etc put a stop to all that,

I was a skinhead called Chris Collins from Portishead, I had the Lambretta GP (Blue Appollo) and a cut-down Vespa super, attended a few rallies with them.

I wondered what happened to them all, as I had some great times with them , Fred, Weasel, Rob Yates, Biscuit, Nicky, Donna and Darren, Tracy Marsh and Darren, Nicky and Pete, Tim, Iggy, Grubby ....... Where are they all now ??

I got hitched up with Rachel, a skinhead girl from Cheshire, and we had a little one (now nearly 16 yrs old). We are still together, We got hitched the same time Fred Vocking and Anita got together, in fact me and Fred put a personals ad in Scootering Magazine,

Before Bristol Moonlighters I was in the Crunch Bunch SC of Portishead, and I would really llike to know where my friends from the Yesterday's Dreams Modernist Society are.

We used to meet at the Watershed in Bristol in the mid to late 80s. There was Claire (phwaaar !!!! ... she was gorgeous), Tracy from Weston, Darren, Biscuit, Mark Stone. We used to meet in the Horse and Groom on a Saturday lunchtime. I had many a good rally with them too, and miss them all ..... would love to find them and reminisce the past ..... if only I can find them now,

Kind regards
Chris Collins
Ex Moonlighter
Ex YDMS
Ex Crunch Bunch SC
Chris Collins

Postby Chris P » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:45 am

Weasels still about although I've not seen him for a couple of years. Not sure if he's still got a sccot or not.

Was doing a bit of moonlighting as a pole dancer down "Club Creme" in Old Market.......................... :stomp:

Chris
Chris P

Moonlighters

Postby Paul W » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:08 pm

I'm still about, had a red 5 and a series 1 back then.i was stood by weez but he was on my scoot.
I still see weez,Tim mcgill,Buscuit works for Newey and Eyre at Avonmouth,Dar marsh still goes to the Gas, Tracy married a Turk and moved away. Ricky arnold can be seen around. Wayne works for Fowlers,mark stone i see every few weeks at UWE hes a grounds man.

Paul W

Pm me and i can put you in contact with a few.
Paul W

moonlighters

Postby Paul W » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:10 pm

Johny does the runs still and Giles works for Bristol Bike imports....still thinking but cant remember where the rest are.
Paul W

1 more

Postby Paul W » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:11 pm

Forgot Nick ,he's with the malmesbury Front..sorry Nick
Paul W

another

Postby Paul W » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:12 pm

Bugger i was best man for Kenny Evans and he lives in Cambridge...sorry Ken.
Paul W

it all comes back

Postby Paul W » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:14 pm

Pete nethercott married Nicky if i remember and still lives in Kingswood somewhere
Paul W

Just noticed

Postby Paul W » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:17 pm

Notice the lack of Lambrettas....they broke down on the way to the shoot...LOL :whistle:
Paul W

Isle of Wight early 80's

Postby Paul W » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:21 pm

follow this link of me and tim
http://www.bristolmod.myby.co.uk/reunited.htm
Paul W

Postby Paul W » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:30 pm

Scooter club List back then was

Clangers Scooter Club
Moonlighters Scooter Club
Company C.
Paul W

Postby Johnny » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:17 am

Hi Chris,

I'm John Hooker originally from Yatton and an old mate of Stuart Hill's.
We used to come up to the Crunchbunch meetings at the Bay hotel just at the CB were starting to drift apart. Some of the names I remember from back then are Jez & Marie Jackson, Stuart Young, John Leach, Graham Wilmshurst, and Greg Mercer (who is still around and riding with the Weston club). Haven't seen Stuart Hill for ages, aparrently he lost loads of weight and got a big bike!
After CB we started a club in Nailsea (Slap and Tickle SC), I remember coming to your house to try and get Dave the Hippy from Nailsea to buy your 150 Super! Didn't you have Blue Skinned Beast too?
When Slap and Tickle ended we linked up with some of the Bristol clubs. This was at about the time that the Moonlighters were winding up.
I'll run through some of the names that I'm still in touch with.
Fred I see occasionally, he split up with Anita years ago and has sold his scooter.
Rob Yates is living in Yate and still has his scooters but hasn't ridden them for years.
Pete and Nicky are still together, Pete's still got scooters and still rides occasionally.
Iggy is living in Bradley Stoke and is married with 2 kids, He's still got all of his scooters and won't sell them no matter how many times I ask!
Grubby has got a very nice matt black cut down but doesn't do the runs any more and doesen't really mix with anyone.

Good to hear from you again.
Cheers,

Johnny
Johnny

Postby Chris Collins » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:44 am

Hi Johnny ,and Paul and all who Know me !! :riding:

How are ya, well I am getting back into it in a big way, Just looking for the right club, (theres nothing for Skinheads :cry: )

Mrs Got a T5 ,and I got a GP200, (restoration job) well knackered :grrr: ,but will look the Badgers Nadgers,

I am selling all I can so I can make weston scoot rally Back on a new Lambretta (WHERE DID THE LAST 15 YEARS GO ? :puzzled: )

I am well Revved Up, quite exited, sat here listening to old rally classics,Northern soul and SKA , and drinking (AGAIN :roll: )
cant wait to Don My MA1 and Martins jump on me scoot :scooter: and join the pack,
Dancing the night away to northern, :stomp: :stomp: (then getting so pissed i collapse and fall asleep in the middle of the dance floor,Remember Cardiff Do in 1989-90 ??Me a Fred :whistle:
I WOULD LOVE ANYONE LOCAL to GIVE us a Call , ESPECAILLY OLD FRIENDS, from my Crunch Bunch,YDMS,or Moonlighting Days,
My Mobile 07746 422015
Home 01275 849250
Ps
Are the Chosen Two still about :whistle: :mrgreen:
Chris Collins

Postby mrrobin » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:17 pm

I remember you very well chris from the old day!.It's neil from thornbury mucker!.I was in the moonlighters in the late eighties before i joined the bristol lambretta club.
mrrobin

Postby Chris Collins » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:27 pm

mrrobin wrote:I remember you very well chris from the old day!.It's neil from thornbury mucker!.I was in the moonlighters in the late eighties before i joined the bristol lambretta club.

Hi Neil,
I feel so embaresed :oops: , but its been so many years i find it hard to put names to faces !!, I remember the Name, but cant picture you, was there a group in perticular you hanged around with, like the skineads , or scooterboys , etc, you know what i mean, it was allways as much as it was a club, and everybody spoke to everybody, there still was little groups of mates, Cor i am wrackin my brain to picture you mate :grrr: , I Know as soon as I see you, I will remember you, :mrgreen:
Seems a life time ago since then, Ive not really had much to do with scoots etc, since before the moonlighters folded up, I got such good memorys of those days,
Hope to bump into you soon, and have a chat about the old days etc, (GOD That DOES make ME sound OLD ,LOL :riding: :mrgreen: :-D )
cheers
Chris
Ps
has ANYONE seen Darren and Donna over the years (weezels Sis) ??
lost contact with him years ago,
Chris Collins

Postby Ian Williams » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi Chris, we used to live next door to you when you lived in Whitehall - remember? You were at ...err 17 and me and Clare were in no 15.

You had just got together with your other half at the time and there was another guy who lived in the same place as you who moved up north. I think at one point I donated all my old Ben Shermans to him and he washed the lot and stuck them on the washing line to dry and when I saw them all I regretted it.

I think you also had a GS160 that Mike Clarke was doing up for you at the time too?

Anyway hope you are both good - I still ride scooters although not as often as I like and do several rallies each year (not this year though) and the IOW too. Also put on Northern Soul nights under the title Getting Together - next one at the Thunderbolt Sept 13th.

Oh have a look at the thread I put on Friday Club about all the old faces in the Bristol Lambretta Club too...

Cheers,

Ian
Ian Williams

Next

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.