125ISH

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

125ISH

Postby modace » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi guys

Firstly I m new on this forum and nice to meet you all.

Very impressed with the pictures of the club members scooters, only a real mod can appreciate the work put into acheiving that standard of class.

Looking at the scooters put a real grin on my face.

OK guys I ve searched high and low, I m looking for a Vespa or Lambretta 125, has to be in excellent condition and fully moded up. Engine mods ok or reregistared fine by me :cheeky:

Anyone that can help please get in touch

Currently a member of the ACE scooter club over the bridge, we're going on a sunday run to Tintern in the near future, might be able to meet there.
modace

Postby Gerry » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:11 pm

hi , :-D ok, lets start with your buget, if not fussed an indian lammy wont cost the earth, original scoots will cost 2500 if lucky buying one is hard ,but ebay will be your only really option for a modded scoot, most sell the scoot bare and sell the lights seperate, if buget is good you can buy a restored scoot and mod it yourself, a real can of worms, best of luck gerry
Gerry

Postby Jim » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Hi Modace- welcome to our forum. Gerry's right, as you probably know or are finding out, getting a good scoot aint easy, or cheap! But they do appear from time to time. Having said that, fully modded scoots don't come up for sale very often, as the owner has put in a lot of time and money getting it as he wants it, and are very reluctant to sell! Just looking at Ebay now, out of 60 odd Lambrettas, there's only one which I could say is anywhere near what I would call a 'Mod Scoot' ! You might have to buy a good plain scoot, and mod it up over time! Good luck!

We were discussing future rideouts a while ago and Tintern was mentioned, so a meet up could be sorted!

Cheerz,Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.