Bob Shaw- Update.

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Bob Shaw- Update.

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:46 pm

I have had loads of people asking about Bob- what happened and how he is- everyone is genuinely concerned about his welfare.

Not wanting to dwell too much on his accident, but for those of you that don't know, Bob had an engine seizure last Friday week, just outside Salisbury, on the way to Southampton. Anybody who has had the back wheel unexpectedly lock up at speed will know it's very difficult to keep control and stay on the scoot, especially when loaded up, and Bob unfortunately came off.

Luckily a few of our guys were with him, and Bob was taken to Salisbury Hospital, while Carole Nash apparantly were pretty good on collecting his scoot and belongings.

Graham Clark, as well as going with Gerry and Steve to see him in hospital, has visited Bob a couple of times this past week. Graham has told me that Bob came out of hospital last Thursday, and although he has 5 broken ribs, a fractured collar bone and obviously badly bruised, Bob is in relatively good spirits.

Of course, Bob hasn't been able to look at his scooter yet, and he will probably be off work for 6 weeks or thereabouts.

Thanx, Graham for visiting Bob and letting us know how he is! I'm sure I speak for everbody in wishing Bob all the best and a quick as possible recovery.

Cheerz for now, Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby RallyRobRivieraSC » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Wishing Bob a speedy recovery.....

Rob and all at Riviera SC
1977 Rally 200, 1970 GP225 - www.funkspeed.com
RallyRobRivieraSC

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.