Chat with Bob Shaw today

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Chat with Bob Shaw today

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:20 pm

Just to let folks know - he's still sore (obviously) but slowly on the mend. Even doing exercises from the comfort of his own armchair !

It'll be another 4/5 weeks before he gets into proper physio - so he's taking things easy til then. He'll be off work for another 2/3 weeks.

He did ask me to thank those who put into his whip-round - most unexpected. He said he felt a bit guilty that he'd let people down but I soon straightened him out about that. I guess as scooterists, we're all very aware of the risks we potentially run that other drivers don't - so we all sympathise with Bob.

Graham and a few other guys did a great job helping him out and he's grateful for that - as we should be since that type of support kind of represents the Club in a sense. Well done.

Obviously I wished him a speedy recovery from all at the Club - if you have a few minutes to give him a call then I expect he'll be glad to hear from you. I won't post his number openly here. If you want it, get in touch with me or Graham.

Cheers
Norm
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.