sad day for lambrettas

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

sad day for lambrettas

Postby Gerry » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:17 pm

sad news has came out of weston today, Nigel Cox`s dad, Ron Cox passed away last night :cry: :cry: a real gentleman, many a day i would end up in nigels with a scooter problem and Ron fixed them for me :-) ....the good old days, :-) a legend of scootering has passed away today :cry: :cry: and my condolences go to Nigel and James :cry:
Gerry

Postby Chris P » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Yep- sad news indeed.

Some people didn't have much time for him, but he was always helpful to me and a true gentleman.

I liked the old boy and scootering will be less due to his passing

Chris
Chris P

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:29 am

Sad news indeed. My condolences to the family. I first went to Nigel's Lambretta museum in the late '90s, with my job, to replace a credit card terminal. I obviously expressed my interest in scooters, and although I was the only punter there and Ron was busy doing some metal work, he insisted on stopping what he was doing, turning all the museum lights on, and gave me a guided tour of the place, taking half an hour to tell me about every scooter. That really impressed me, and every time I called in since, if Ron was there, he'd be happy to tell stories of his interesting past, in his own unique way! And how unusual, when James helped out, to have three generations of a family, all working behind one counter at the same time!

RIP old chap.

Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Gerry » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:57 pm

ok, Rons funeral is at worle crem,this friday at 4.30pm, it would be nice if some scoots could make it ,to send Ron off, as they were a big part of his life, anyone who wants to join up with me, give me a phone, cheers gerry
Gerry

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:18 am

Thanks Gerry. Several members have contacted me, all saying they would like to do something. So on behalf of our club, I will be making a donation to The Parkinson's Disease Society, in fond memory of dear old Ron.

Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.