Sat 7 Feb 2009 (or 1968?)

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Postby Jim » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:01 pm

Yeah sorry Chris, we did wonder where you'd got to when we were bombin' round the centre- we thought you'd shot off straight 'ome! Still, looks like you did OK, it must be the Brut. I've been using that new stuff, 'Old Spice', but I dont fink its the proper bizniss.

I dunno 'bout Top Rank on tuesday, to be 'onest, I'm a bit short of bread, wot wiv payin' off me suit in one go instead of payin' it off weekly - anyways me ol' man wouldnt act as guarantor this time.

But I'm going down the Locarno on Monday- I was chattin' to a bird there last night, and she said she'd be there, she even gave me her phone number, so I reckon I could be alright! Anyway, I spent this afternoon puttin' me new outrigger on- a right bleedin' job it was to, and it does catch the rear crashbar fixing a bit, but it sounds great- me neighbours even came round and complained when I was revving it up, so thats a good sign, innit!

Might see ya if you're going Monday, I think its only two 'n' six to get in- cant be bad! And I think it's your round anyway!

Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Russ » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:35 am

What good memories these guys have takes me right back think i will pop round to Top Rank then intoAunt Germimas for something to eat.
Graham will probably already be in there see you guys.
Russ
Russ
BMSC member

Postby Chris P » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Just bought a new pair of Jeans- they're called "Levis" or summut like that. Theres a new shop down Broadmead that just sells Levis (near the roundabout- you can park opposite outside John Colliers)

The manager is a bit of a joker!- apparently you have to buy a size bigger than you normally take, then sit in a bath of water with them on so they shrink to fit you. "Yeah right" I said- bloke wouldn't give up though, he then tells me they cost £3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Three quid " says I " for a pair of ******* jeans"

Also they feel like cardboard........................

Don't think I can make the Top Rank- went back to Lynnes place and her brothers were in. They asked what I was riding and I said "Your Sister and that Italian Lambretta crap outside.............."

Finally got out of the BRI at 3 o'clock next morning
Chris P

Postby Graham Clark » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Good news i have jest had a pay rise, my hourly rate was 1s & 11d
per hour ,the boss felt sorry for me and put it up to 2shilings per hour
I cant wait to come out of my time, The electricians are earning £20-pounds a week,phew i cant think how i will be able to spend all that by
the next pay day (I am pissed off being an apprentice)
SX 150. One of the last SX 150's made in Italy.
Graham Clark
BMSC member

Postby Martin M » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Just been listning to some DJ fella called Johnnie Walker on Pirate radio, he sounds alright, playing all the top tunes. :stomp:

Just listened to the radio2 listen again job, as he's doing a series of shows called "Pirate Johnnie". Well worth a listen if you remember the original. (which I don't, the sprogg that I am!! ;-) )
Vespa Sprint
Martin M

Postby Chris P » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:22 pm

I remember listening to "Wonderful Radio London" signing off for good in August 1967 just before the Marine Offences Act came into law.

Sat in the back of a Corsair GT with a bird I'd picked up (her dads car), on Fistral beach, Newquay. Even remember the reg number - XWD818C

Sad or what?

Still trying to "Skip the light fandango, turning cartwheels across the floor................" (this won't mean much to our younger readers!!!)

Happy Days

Chris
Chris P

Postby Graham Clark » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:54 pm

I remember feeling rather seasick and the crowd was calling out for more
My dad had a MK 1 cortina it had a very good radio in it, I spent lots of
time in it listening to a new radio station called RADIO 1, I never saw a
vested virgin let alone 16.
A virgin in a vest ?
still a very good record
SX 150. One of the last SX 150's made in Italy.
Graham Clark
BMSC member

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:44 am

Oi Graham, so yer gettin' a pay rise, you jammy git! Is that why you were knockin' back Watneys Red Barrel like nobodies business the other Friday night down the 'Atchet! You must be loaded mate, cuz you was flashing the pound notes about like you'd just won the bleedin' pools or sumfing!

Anyway, where were ya the other day?? We 'ad a great larf we all went down town Saturday morning didn't we- all the gang was there- Chalky, Spider, Davey, Bonzo, Nipper, Stevie, Gerbil, Crispie, Paddy and Nobby. We parked the scoots outside the Arcade, an' goes lookin' round the shops- I wanted to get another knitted tie to replace the one I lost the other night- it aint cheap being a Mod is it! We 'ad a look in that shop where Crispie got 'is Levis from the other day- still reckon thats a bit steep for a pair of jeans, but they look great, specially after they fade a bit. Anyway, they didn't 'ave any ties I fancied, so I only went an' bought some jeans the same as wot Crispie 'as! 'E reckons you've got to sit in a bath or sumfing, seems a bit nutty, so I'm gonna do that this Friday when I gets 'ome from work, just before Ready Steady Go starts- I just 'ope that me ol' man dont see me wiv a wet pair of jeans on! 'E finx I'm a bit mental as it is!

So we goes back to the arcade, an' theres a copper there, 'avin' a right good look round our scoots. Course, 'e zoomed right in on Crispies bike, I told Crispie that 'e would get nicked ridin' round wiv the letters missin' offa 'is front numberplate, but y' know wot 'es like, more interested in covering 'is scoot wiv bleedin' stickers- 'is scoots only a year old 'n' all! So we pretended that they wernt our scoots, an starts walkin' past, whislin' an' lookin' the other way! Trouble was, this cop starts askin' us if these scooters belonged to us, an we said no! We all 'ad parkas on, so it must've been a bit bleedin' obvious. Anyway the cop starts asking' us 'oo we were, so we gave the usual false names 'n' addresses. Good job these old coppers 'avent got a clue about pop music, cuz I said me name was Keef Moon! Mind you, I thought Bonzo was pushin' 'is luck a bit- 'e only said 'is name was Desmond Dekker! Still' these cops 'ave got no way of checkin' up, 'ave they! So we got away wiv that- just as well, cuz Crispies licence 'as got more stamps in the back of it than a green shield book 'as!

Anyway, I didn't tell you 'ow I got on wiv that bird I said I was gonna meet down the locarno last Monday night. I phoned 'er up Monday afternoon, used the phone in the office where I works, ( I 'ates the place- one day soon, I'm gonna tell me boss where 'e can stick 'is job!) an' she only goes 'n' blows me out doesnt she- said she was a bit tired after workin' on the checkout at that shop on the High street., an' she said she might see me around, all casual like. 'Er names Steph, I reckon you'd know 'er, nice bit of stuff, nice long hair, always got nice mod clothes on, well, hopefully not always if I gets off wiv 'er. Trouble is, Dave fancies 'er an' all, an' 'e can be a real animal!

So I thought fair enuff, I won't bovver wiv the Locarno on Monday night, and decides to go down the Top Rank on Tuesday night wiv Crispie an' guess 'oo was there, Steph, wiv some other geezer- but you'd never guess 'oo 'e was, only the bloke that spilt 'is pint all down me new suit trousers the other night. 'E's a right flash bastard- Crispie knows' im- 'is names Peter Fenton, works down 'is uncle's scrapyard, so 'e's got lots of money, lucky git! Crispie reckons this bloke can get us some pills, so although I hate this bloke for being with Steph, 'e just might be a bloke worth knowing, if you get me drift! So me 'n' Crispie 'as a few pints, but nuffing 'appened birdwise- to be 'onest, all I could fink about was Steph!

So is she going steady wiv this geezer, or wot? I 'ad to find out, so the next day I rides me scoot round to the shop where Steph works an' waits outside for 'er to finish, an' when she came out, I was there, sat on me scooter, combin' me 'air lookin' all cool! She came over and I gives 'er a lift 'ome. She reckons she's just 'anging around wiv this Peter Fenton geezer cuz 'es a bit flash, e's got quite a nice scoot, for a vespa that is, not as nice as my scoot of course, anyway she's going down to Brighton next weekend wiv 'im, but she said if I was going, she'd definately see me there, and gave me a nice smile! So maybe I am still in wiv a chance of knockin' er off! Anyway, wotever 'appens, me an' the lads will all be there, cuz theres gonna be loads of rockers there, so a bit of a punch up might be on the cards. Steph asked me if I'm gonna be one of the faces down there, well I told 'er, "I am one of the faces!"

Well, we'll see wot 'appens an' I'll let you know 'ow I get on.

Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Previous

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.