Hello from Australia

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Hello from Australia

Postby Kingsood Ian » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:26 am

Hello all,
A few of you may remember me, as I'm a Kingswood Boy, but now live in sunny Australia.
My name's Ian and I was around when this club started out and was a member back at the birth of the club.
I was also a member of Bristol Custom and Classic with Weasel, Paul and others.
Way back to the mid 80's I used to knock about down Tennis Court Road with Weasel, Wong, Jim and others ( I was only 16 / 17 then ! )

I do remember Steve Walsh, Mike Pick, Barry from Frenchay , Dave T and a few others from this club, I'm pretty shite with names.

We moved out here 2 years ago as the chance came our way and I didn't like the way the UK was / is changing so we're giving this a go out here and so far it's been good.
I'm back on a scooter, a 1969 GP200 which a good mate from Sydney sourced for me. He's an ex Modrapheniac and lives and works in Sydney and helped me get hold of a really tidy scooter (will post some pics)
Although the scooter is standard and not modded up ( have always been a big fan of leaving the as they are myself but each to their own ) I hope i'm welcome here and maybe when I come back for a visit in the future I can hook up with you all again.
Good to see the scene is alive and kicking still in Bristol and that it looks well supported.
Drop me a line if you remember me , be good to say hello

If anybody is in contact with Andy Goode, another Kingswwod Boy who's been around the scootering scene for years please drop me a pm with his email addy, I'd love to contact him.
Cheerzen !

Ian
Bristol to Brisbane
Kingsood Ian

Australia

Postby Russ » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:11 pm

Goodday good to hear part of our club is in Aussie scoot looks good glad to have you on board
Russ
Russ
BMSC member

Postby Kingsood Ian » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:55 am

Cheers Mate,

Good to be here.
Bristol to Brisbane
Kingsood Ian

Postby Mr Les » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:08 am

Gday ;-)

8-)
Mr Les

Location: Portishead - Lambretta SX150, bored to 175, LI frame, GP parts. chromed 70's styleCatch me if u can!

Postby Kingsood Ian » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:15 am

Mr Les wrote:Gday ;-)

8-)

G'day Mr Les,

I'm still very much a Bristol Boy at heart and your more likely to hear me say
"alright my babber ...ow bis ? " than G'day.
I just can't ( and don't want ) to lose my accent.
I'm proud to be Bristolian, also proud to be here as well, all in all I reckon I got the best of both worlds.

met a fella the other day and he had a t shirt on that read
" go get ee out the stingers ".............I had my " Gert Lush " t shirt on and we both had a right laugh, he's from Clevedon and not been here long.
hearing the accent made I laugh !
Bristol to Brisbane
Kingsood Ian

Postby Kingsood Ian » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:09 am

Dave,

At last someone who remembers me !

Really good to say hello and I'll be dropping by to see what's been going on your site as well.

Best

Ian
Bristol to Brisbane
Kingsood Ian

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.