Motown Quiz

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Postby Chris P » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:57 pm

100% agree with that.

A well known site was running a "Top 5 Northern Soul tracks" thread a few years back, and the titles/ artists were totally unknown to me.

I posted my own favourites and the response was amazing, such as "Great record; Love their earlier stuff; hadn't heard of that for a long time; great floor filler" etc etc etc

Very nice comments I thought- particularly as I had made up the artists and the song titles and they were totally fake :-D

Case of The Emporers New Clothes methinks.

Anyway- enjoy whatever music turns YOU on, whether the record cost 6/8d (ask a grown up :-D ) or £1000

An Example..........."Everlasting Love" by The Love Affair. Session musicians and Steve Ellis. Typical 1960's "pop".............but a classic IMO

Staying Cool

Chris
Chris P

Postby Painterman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:19 pm

and not just your opinion. Typical 60's 'pop'- session musicians maybe but after that little drum intro sets it off... as soon as the horns kick in...how could you not just love it.
Interesting about the Northern site. I bet some people spent ages trying to find copies of records that don't exist! That'll teach 'em for being just a bit too elitist!! :puzzled:
Painterman

Postby Mr Les » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 pm

How am I managing to stay so quiet on this subject ?

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Think I'll just stick to :scooter: Scootering....

He He....
Mr Les

Location: Portishead - Lambretta SX150, bored to 175, LI frame, GP parts. chromed 70's styleCatch me if u can!

Postby Painterman » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:35 pm

Aw, Come on now! Join in! It's great hearing different views...I do love a lot of Northern Soul but no one can deny there's a bit of 'i've got a rarer record than you' attitude that sadly goes along with it. :roll:
Painterman

Previous

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.