Quadrophenia in Bath - Scooter rideout on Tuesday 9th June

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Quadrophenia in Bath - Scooter rideout on Tuesday 9th June

Postby euan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:14 am

I've posted on the LCGB forum and some people from exit 17 SC mentioned you all, plus I spoke to Jim last week who has approved me putting this direct on your forum and mentioned the film shoot that the PR people then backed out of...,

A Ride-out on the 9th June in Bath is being planned with up to 40 complimentary tickets to allocate to people prepared to turn up on scooters and do a ride-out, meeting up before hand - Lambretta Bar at 6.30 perhaps ? - and then riding through the town centre as a group and parking outside the Theatre for local press to get photos etc. before going in to the show. Maybe going back to the Lambretta Bar afterwards if they are in agreement.

Can anyone that’s interested let me know. I’ll need your name, scooter details and registration number and I’ll then allocate a ticket for you. As we get nearer the date I’ll have firm details on what we’ll be doing but it won’t vary much from the above. This is very much first come, first served and is 1 ticket per scooter unless I end up with spares near the time. I am in contact with other clubs such as Exit 17 in the area so this isn't a world exclusive offer to you guys.

I am running a forum around all these events at www.quadrophenia.org.uk/forum and there's other stuff there as well about background to this, other stuff etc.

Cheers, and look forward to hopefully meeting some of you.

Euan
euan

Postby euan » Wed May 06, 2009 8:42 pm

I have only had a couple of replies - if there is anyone else interested please let me know. Unless I can get more the theatre will probably pull the plug on this which would be a shame,

Thanks

Euan
euan

Postby Jim » Wed May 06, 2009 10:24 pm

Thanx Euan for the reminder. You still may get a few more riders from our club, but as you know, a fair few of us have tickets for the Friday night. I think if it had been in Bristol, even being a working weekday evening, you would have had a large number of us very willing to take part.

Thanx for inviting us anyway, and good luck with it all- as I said, you still might get a few more riders come forward.

Cheerz, Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Mr Les » Fri May 29, 2009 10:10 am

Unusually, as it happens I am in Portishead on that date, so would be up for a ride, if anyone else is ?
Mr Les

Location: Portishead - Lambretta SX150, bored to 175, LI frame, GP parts. chromed 70's styleCatch me if u can!

Postby Mr Les » Fri May 29, 2009 10:23 am

Apparently is is definitely on and parking arranged

Rideout is now definite for Tuesday 9th, Lambretta Bar meet from 6 - 6.45, then rideout through town centre to theatre, get there for about 7. I'm in touch with various local clubs but if anyone wants to contact me direct email me name and scooter reg and I'll put you on the list for complimentary tickets.

I'm working on sorting parking in the small car park opposite the theatre, more details to follow.

http://www.quadrophenia.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7
Mr Les

Location: Portishead - Lambretta SX150, bored to 175, LI frame, GP parts. chromed 70's styleCatch me if u can!

Postby Martin M » Fri May 29, 2009 12:18 pm

If the weathers OK and I can get away from work on time, I might take a trip over but won't want a ticket as will be going Friday. But the weather will be fine cos it's gunna shine for the next 3-4 months.........isn't it. :shock:
Vespa Sprint
Martin M

Postby euan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:31 am

Anyone reading this, please aim for Lambretta Bar no later than 6.30 - there's a chance of live telly and they would need us at the theatre at about 6.40 / 6.45 so we need to be ready to leave lambretta bar by 6.30. Please pass this on to anyone else you know that's going.

There are no more tickets left - have 40 scooters lined up now, just need the weather .... :-)
Last edited by euan on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
euan

Postby Mr Les » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:42 am

I am riding from Portishead, if anyone wants to tag up en route.

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:
Mr Les

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Just got home in time this evening to catch you guys on the local news program- all the scoots looked great and you had a nice dry 'n' sunny evening for it- perfect! Well done to all that went and hope you enjoyed the show. Nita gave a good interview -Graham could be seen standing in the background and they also showed some snippets from the stage show- it looks fantastic and I'm really looking forward to seeing it on Friday!

Cheerz, Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Myk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 pm

The Points West news featuring the Quadrophenia piece can be seen again here.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pointswest/latest_stories/

8-)

It starts at 20:40
It's in the groove what counts
Myk

Postby Mr Les » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:26 am

It was a great rideout (and back, singing to can you see the real meeeee, can yer, can yer !)...... :stomp:

I promised not to tell you what the show was like....

So I won't :whistle:

But no doubt there will be lot's of talk, debate, opinions around the country.....

Personally....

I thought it was bloody brilliant ;-)

Hope you all enjoy it Friday, sorry I can't be there (will be having a pint or 2 in Yeovil for you).

Enjoy....
Mr Les

Postby Adam_Mod4Life » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:54 am

I haven’t seen it yet (Bloody work firewalls :grrr: ) but apparently I’m in the vid. :stomp: :stomp: :stomp:

Show was great!! ….. the band were spot on and the drummer out of this world. Steff was looking pretty hot too. :whistle:
:clapping:

You guys will have a top time on Friday eve
BELLBOYYYY!!!!
Adam_Mod4Life

Postby euan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:08 am

Thanks to everyone on the rideout last night, turned out pretty good, weather even improved a lot compared to the forecast :-)

Enjoy the show Friday night.

One thing that may help - the small car park just opposite the theatre tends to get rammed - when chatting to the car park people yesterday about the spaces we paid for to reserve for the 45 scooters, they mentioned the place next to the car park is in liquidation, so you may be able to park there, cant promise but it may be OK. they actually roped some of that space off last night for us and nobody objected then.

Cheers

Euan
euan

Postby Adam_Mod4Life » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:18 am

BELLBOYYYY!!!!
Adam_Mod4Life

Postby Myk » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:37 am

Here's a better link to the Points West article....it's slightly longer too! 8-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/bristol/hi/ ... 092846.stm

BBC says................ Moped-riding mods were out in force on Wednesday for the opening night of Quadrophenia at Bath's Theatre Royal.
:grrr: :grrr:
It's in the groove what counts
Myk

Next

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.