The Littledean Jail Quadrophenia Collection

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Postby Myk » Thu May 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Now this place could be worth a trip to.......

Littledean Jail
Littledean
Forest of Dean
Gloscestershire
GL14 3NL

Tel: 01594 826659

http://www.exploregloucestershire.co.uk/page691.asp

The Quadrophenia Collection boasts two of the most famous bikes on two wheels in the world, one being the Vespa GS-Rally scooter which belonged to 'Ace Face' (played by Sting) and was subsequently 'nicked' by ‘Jimmy’ (Phil Daniels) from outside the Grand Hotel in Brighton. There is also a 100% replica of Jimmy's Lambretta scooter which had been rebuilt using spares and extra parts from the scooter used throughout the film.

The original well worn seat, also sat upon by the beautiful ‘Steph’ (played by Leslie Ash), is on display along with other classic Quadrophenia exhibits including numerous mod parkas and clothing, lots of signed photos, film stills and original posters, as well as an awesome life size cast backdrop to name but a few.

More info.... http://www.littledeanjail.com/page14.asp 8-)
It's in the groove what counts
Myk

Postby Jim » Thu May 21, 2009 8:42 pm

We kicked around the idea of going last year- I think a few guys actually did go!

Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Chris P » Fri May 22, 2009 7:49 pm

at the back of my mind there was some sort of "problem" with the owner.

Can't remember what it was (political??) but many people refuse to go

Chris
Chris P

Postby Myk » Fri May 22, 2009 9:13 pm

I was wondering if it was worth the cost and effort involved in getting there....

It wouldn't be the first time I've been sucked into some 'Museum/Collection' and found out it was a lot less than I expected
Myk

Postby Gerry » Fri May 22, 2009 9:55 pm

is ok, and isn`t expensive, but to be honest, russ`s jimmy bike is better than the one on show, and it is only a copy, the sting bike is ok, but after all it is a vespa :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: only joking, littledean is bit like sex, you look forward to it, then its over in 30 secs and then you`ll looking for an excuse to leave :shock: :shock: , this is only my view by the way, not the clubs, before someone starts moaning 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :-D :-D
Gerry

Postby Chris P » Fri May 22, 2009 9:56 pm

30 seconds eh Gerry!! :shock:

How do you make it last that long................ :puzzled:
Chris P

Sting

Postby Painterman » Sat May 23, 2009 8:04 pm

To pay good money to go and look at a scooter than Sting has sat on, seems to me completely crazy. Sting is, was and always will be a total twat. His music (solo) is rubbish, The Police were as naff as hell, and his acting can only be described as 'wooden'.
Painterman

Postby Gerry » Sat May 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Chris P wrote:30 seconds eh Gerry!! :shock:

How do you make it last that long................ :puzzled:
been practising ;-) ;-)
Gerry

Re: Sting

Postby Myk » Tue May 26, 2009 11:21 am

Painterman wrote:To pay good money to go and look at a scooter than Sting has sat on, seems to me completely crazy. Sting is, was and always will be a total twat. His music (solo) is rubbish, The Police were as naff as hell, and his acting can only be described as 'wooden'.

Hey steady on.....I used to dress just like Sting back in the early 80's...

Do, do, do,....Da, da, da,.... :whistle:
Myk

Postby Painterman » Tue May 26, 2009 5:34 pm

well in fairness i didn't say anything bad about his dress sense!!!I could have, but i didn't!
Painterman

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.