london calling

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

london calling

Postby Gerry » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:09 pm

bristol mods bad weather embargo worked its charms yet again and the sun was out to bless our day in the smoke, first stop the now rule
a big thanks to the staff who for a warm welcome , a fantastic breccy, and for the coned off mod parking only, top guys :clapping: :clapping:
off to carnaby st, then on to bar italia where we chilled outside ronny "scoots" ;-) ;-)
havent got a clue what russ has in his glove ????
then off into a new imprivised breakdown :whistle: :whistle:
side panels off was a good blag but didnt last long and were moved quickly by officals :cry: :cry:
met this foxy chick!!! its london dont ask :whistle:
off to westminster bridge where the contents of russ`s glove was proved to be high-karate judging by the way the women where flocking to russ`s scoot :shock: :shock: :shock:
love this photo :-D :-D you old perv :shock: :shock:
dont know were russ has got his perving skills but he murdered the old master, but watch out gary has declared war ;-) ;-)
thanks to all for a fantastic day, it just gets better :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Gerry

Postby Myk » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:37 pm

Good photos there....

I'm glad the weather improved for you 8-)
It's in the groove what counts
Myk

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Nice one Gerry! Yep. it was a brilliant day! Fair play and thanx to all the guys for setting their alarm clocks for five o'clock Sunday morning, even tho it was p*ss*ng down big time on Saturday night and the forecast not fantastic! It was yet another case of having faith and the now famous BMSC "improving weather picture" with it turning out to be a sunny day!

Commiserations to those who couldn't make it due to other things happening, and in particular to Paul H who didn't make it due to his tasty Vespa conking out at the last minute- never mind mate- there's alway's next time.

As Gerry mentioned, The Ace Caff true to their word reserved a VIP parking spot for us, even tho most of the rockers were at a motorcycle event at Mallory Park- still, it's worth going there just for their 'big breakfast'- proper biker's grub!

The ride to Carnaby Street was somewhat lengthened due to loads of main roads closed off due to some sort of run going on (wasn't you, was it Norm?) and the traffic was practically gridlocked- reminded me of the bit in 'The Italian Job' when all the lights stick on red, and we did a pretty nifty bit of weaving in and out of the cars- if we'd been on four wheels we'd probably still be there now!

Trafalgar Square was a new stop off for us for a photo opportunity, tho we were moved on after a while by the 'security wardens', and of course we stopped off at our usual places- Bar Italia for refreshments, Westminster Bridge, Covent Garden and a few other un-planned stops for a bit of running repairs. (No names mentioned!)

Thanx must again go to Steve H for his help in sorting the arrangements out, and also to Gerry for being our usual top tour guide of the day, and of course thanx to all the guys for turning up and making it probably the best rideout of the year! As in previous London rideouts, we must have been the number one tourist attraction, even tho we don't like showing off at all! (Yeah, right!)

I managed to capture most of our day in the Big L- all the goofing around on hand held with over 200 pics and 5 hours of video, including ALL the riding around caught on helmet cam, so I apologise if I was faffing around half of the day changing batteries and memory cards and fiddling around with my equipment! I've just waded thru the vids, and it's a bit like a cross between a London travelogue film and Quadro-youknowwhat! So watch out for the DVD of our day coming out soon, and I'll be posting some stuff on here soon!

See ya next time, Jim.
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Russ » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:50 am

Yes fantastic day with the best crowd of guys you could wish to be with enjoyed keeping ace face on his toes this is a ride must never be missed
Russ
Russ
BMSC member

Postby Steve Holloway » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:10 am

I`ll second everything that`s been said already; Great day, spent in good company, with a lot of laughs.

How can it get any better?
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby Rich B » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Thanks to all great day out bit worse for wear monday morning but will survive
Russ and Gary had a great time with all the young ladys and all i could pull was this lovely young lass reminds me of kate Moss
Hillfields 69 li125 series 2 SS180
Rich B
BMSC member

Postby Andy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:34 pm

:scooter: What a Day first official ride out for me as a new member loved every second top blokes ,top day ,top totty. :scooter:
:clapping: Big Thanks to Steve,Jim,Gerry for a Great Day Count me in for next Time :clapping:
Andy
BMSC member

Postby Gerry » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:00 pm

glad you enjoyed it andy, its not quite as busy as it was in the morning, but is the ride of the year, for all those who havent tried it you have got to do it at least once ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
Gerry

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.