Parka

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Parka

Postby zoot » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:45 am

Can anyone tell me where they got their Parka's from?
Back in the day, I bought one from an Army surplus at the bottom of Jacobs Wells, sadly long closed. It was a nice 3/4 length with fish tail, smelt of anti gas agent, lovely!!!!.
Can they still be had without paying £160, or have I just turned into an old miser!
zoot

Postby Chris TV175 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:21 pm

There is an Army Surplus on Hotwells Road- MARCRUSS its called (Army Surplus - (0117) 929 2119)
-

http://www.marcrussoutdoors.co.uk/index.html

They had a proper fishtail in there last week for £79.99 or thereabouts.

Beware of those German type parkas- they are not the real deal. You need a US Army M51 (mega mega bucks now) or, more likely an M65.

Chris
Chris TV175

Postby Colin » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Zoot,

If you look on our clubs Sale & Wanted section,there is a note from Bernie, regarding offers on Parkas,with a website.

Regards.

Colin :scooter:
SX 150.
Colin
BMSC member

Parkas

Postby nickwill » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:33 am

Zoot,

When I decided to buy a new parka - got my original used M51 in Hotwells too but wore it out many years ago - I realised the originals are hopelessly overpriced due to supply and demand. I bought an M65 which is still a nice parka, plenty available on the web. Then I bought an M51 winter hood with wolfs fur second hand from the US (ebay). It fits OK, not perfect but I'm happy with the result. Total cost was about 80 quid.
Have also seen the Lambretta 'WHO' parka - looks close to the original but not sure of the quality - in sales on Littlewoods online - reduced to 80 quid. Probably would have gone for it if I didnt have my M65/M51 bodge already.

Happy parka hunting,
Nick
Nick
nickwill
Committee Member

Postby Bernie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:29 pm

Have a word with Dave Tomlinson via The Friday Clubs website.
He may have a source for a original 1960s parkas.
Bernie
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.