santas on bikes

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

santas on bikes

Postby Gerry » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 pm

just had this sent in, a good rideout for a good cause

Meet at Parry's Lane on Bristol Downs @12:30, we are leaving there at 1:15 for a ride across the Downs, down Blackboy Hill, along Whiteladies road, Down Park street around the center along Anchor road, over cumberland basin into the parkride at Long Ashton where we will re-group. from there it's straight to the hospice for tea and cake.
We will be collecting donations and selling raffle tickets at Parry's Lane.
Last edited by Gerry on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerry

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Anybody fancy this? We don't have to join in the rideout, but we could meet up and maybe have a whip round and give it to one of the biker mob to take take for us. I've also been approached by someone who would like to meet us there and interview some of us as part of a project, and take a few pics! I wouldn't be surprized if the local press photographer is there as well! We could then go for a local 'Christmas Rideout' and maybe stop off for a festive drink! All subject, of course, to the rain stopping!!
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Gerry » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:04 pm

this rain is getting boring :shock: :shock: the forcast is grim, so it dont look good for scooters to be fair ,maybe we need some leathers ;-) ;-) ;-) will confirm nearer the day, me and gary are up for it the weather helps
Gerry

Postby Servetta Paul » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:17 pm

I'll be going Gerry, will see you there 8-)

They meet on the downs and go to Tickenham village hall ( they did last year anyway ) to take donations before they go to Wraxall if any of you guys want to donate but not join the ride, , that is the place to head for.
Servetta Paul

Postby Jim » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:51 pm

If not raining, I will hopefully be at the Tea Hut before midday. It would be really great to see any of you guys there! I fully appreciate that getting out on the scoot can be a bit tricky at the mo what with all the xmas shopping to do and the christmas tree to put up, but this would be a good chance for a local christmas rideout, and if anybody wants to donate some dosh, that would be smashing- it's for a really good cause!

Hope to see you there. Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.