AGM - The Minutes

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

AGM - The Minutes

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Many thanks to everyone who turned up for our AGM (Sunday 7th Feb) at our new meeting place, The Shakespeare. It was an excellent turnout, and we practically filled up the whole of the bar room, with hardly a spare chair to be found!

These are the main topics that were discussed-

The Committee

The current line up will remain the same as in 2009. A massive thank-you to the committee members for their continued help and support in running the club. I mentioned that this may possibly be my last year as secretary, and I will let the club know what my intentions are towards the end of the year.

Gerry Churchill...Chairman
Jim Burnham......Secretary
Normam Webb...Treasurer
Des Coles..........Committee Member
Steve Holloway..Committee Member

Club Finances and Membership Fee

Norm announced that our kitty is looking very healthy at the moment, and with that in mind, we are keeping the annual membership fee at £5. A valid point was raised asking why we have to pay a members fee at all, and what we spend the money on. We didn't spend much at all last year, but we intend to buy another gazebo and have some badges/ patches made up.

Thank-you to everyone who crossed Norm's palm with a fiver, and I will post up an updated total held in our funds in the near future. If you haven't paid Norm yet, there's no hurry, just pay him next time you see him.

Club Merchandise

Last year we had some fly screen stickers made up (with thanx to Steve H) and we also intended to have some badges and patches made up, but we found out that initial set up fees for both were prohibitive, mainly due to quite large minimum amounts required. We are re- investigating this again, with the possibility of contacting other scooter clubs to see where they had theirs made. If we do manage to sort something out, they will be issued free of charge to all paid up club members.

The Website

We all agreed that the website needs updating, and amongst other ideas, we would like to change the Members page to a different format. I hope to instigate this soon, and Gerry has kindly agreed to manage the new section. I also hope to 'refresh' the home page, with a bit more up to date information.

Locarno Night

The man himself, Bernie, was present at the AGM, and by popular request, he has agreed to do another Locarno Night this year! (Nice one Bernie!) A point was raised that we should hold it at a more central venue, and Bernie mentioned that he is doing a few gigs just off the city centre, at Mickey Lavins in Denmark Street. With this in mind, we intend to go and check the venue out, and all being well, we will be holding this years Locarno Night in May or June, subject to an empty slot in Bern's diary!

This Year's Event Diary

Des has kindly made up a list of events for 2010, and we will be finalising this with all the dates and events, at a committee meeting on Sunday, 21st Feb, at the Shakespeare again. When this list has been compiled, I will post it up on the Newsletter Page, and I will also have the list printed out, for anybody who wants a copy

And that's pretty much it! Please feel free to comment on anything! A slightly dodgey DVD was handed out to everyone at the AGM, as a small token of appreciation for attending. Thank-you all for taking part, and I look forward to seeing you out on the scoots sometime soon.

Cheerz, Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.