DOUGLAS VESPA PRODUCTION IN BRISTOL

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

DOUGLAS VESPA PRODUCTION IN BRISTOL

Postby Colin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:17 pm

I know Ive got too much time on me hand's,so whilst flicking some Internet
pages came across www.veteranvespaclub.com/1008.html some interesting
info for you Vespa owners. Vespa Production was big back in the 60s at Kingswood. Also type .Vespa Production in Bristol on Google for some interesting reading.
Colin :scooter:
SX 150.
Colin
BMSC member

Postby Chris TV175 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 pm

My Mum worked there in the late 1950's.

There are rumours.................of thousands of spares being bricked up in the cellars there.

Chris
Chris TV175

Postby Gerry » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 pm

best thing to do to vespas :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: only kidding
Gerry

Postby davetheoldmod » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Looks like a job for the 'B' Team (Bristol Mods I mean) Could we break in there, get the goods and keep all those lovely veps on the road, being selfish as I have a couple, or as my grand-daughter says, Gramps what are you dreaming about ? Oh well, my best dream is of a barn find of a couple of GS's, couple of TV 175's and the odd one or two SX 200's. As they say in the sci Fi Films...they are out there...........but where ????? :puzzled: :puzzled: :puzzled:
Dave C: Growing old not growing up - I'm a Mod ain't I.
davetheoldmod
BMSC member

Location: Burnham-on-Sea, where it now rains all year round on Vespa and LambrettaRiders

Postby davetheoldmod » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:07 am

and a beauty it is as well, remember seeing it, just shows that they really are out there, must start visiting more farms while I am in devon
Dave C: Growing old not growing up - I'm a Mod ain't I.
davetheoldmod
BMSC member

Location: Burnham-on-Sea, where it now rains all year round on Vespa and LambrettaRiders

Postby Chris TV175 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 pm

they are out there, and you need to grab them while you can. Here's why:-

About 12 years back I put an ad in the local free newspaper, and a bloke phoned me up to tell me that his neighbour "had a few spares for sale", and could I call on him to have a look.

I duly turned up, and the old boys council flat was literally crammed with spares such as a Tv 200 frame; an SX200 frame; panelwork for both scooters; a TV175 s3 engine; numerous (and I do mean numerous) sidepanels; headsets; legshields; running boards; carbs etc etc etc......

The old boy knew what they were worth then (I think he was asking for £900 all in and he wouldn't split), and at that time due to other commitments , I couldn't justify the expense, so I didn't bother.

18 months ago I was in his area, and I called on him just to see if the stuff was still there.

He told me that he han't sold it......................................................................................................................but "Age Concern" had been in about 6 months earlier and had binned the lot :shock:

The flat was a lot tidier :-D

We live and learn

Chris
Chris TV175

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.