Yellow-wall tyres

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Yellow-wall tyres

Postby Adam_Mod4Life » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Ok, I’ve tried, soap, green pads, turpentine, T-Cut (works quite well), elbow grease and even white shoe polish!!! But my white walls still look like a fag-stained shambles. :grrr:

I’m now considering white wall tyre paint.

Anyone used this and does it look ok once applied? :puzzled:

Thanks in advance
BELLBOYYYY!!!!
Adam_Mod4Life

Postby Colin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Adam, I have found that Orange Oil works a treat,available from The What shop,at Imperial Park,Wills Way, Bristol. ( Used to be Woolworths Superstore ) and its only around 90p a bottle. But of course if your tyres are
really old or originals nothing will restore them,as they fade in sunlight after a few years. White tyre paint has a habit of peeling,and is a bit like Fake Tan,never looks as good. Hope this helps.
Colin. :scooter:
SX 150.
Colin
BMSC member

Postby Adam_Mod4Life » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks Colin,

I’ve found some on eBay for a quid so I’ll give it a blast. :clapping:

One set are on my LI (dirty from Break dust 2-stroke exhaust cr@p etc) and the other on an SX (one year old but never ridden). The LI tyres cleaned up ok-ish with T-Cut but are now the same as the SX. I’ve cleaned both sets but it doesn’t matter how much I try, they both look the same colour. I’m a bit miffed off as I would have thought un-ridden whites would still be ok after a year. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Anyone else on white wall paint?
:puzzled:
BELLBOYYYY!!!!
Adam_Mod4Life

Postby Gerry » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:03 pm

there is a new product that is painted on and is supposed to be crack free,on ebay but i dont know anyone who has tried it, am in the process of changing from contys to s1 as they havent even lasted a year and at 45 quid a pop it is a dear white wall, an s1 with a altas insert is probully the safest way to go,and a bit cheaper
Gerry

Postby kevin sweet » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Traffic film remover is the best way to bring them back to white,get it from any valet shop.
kevin sweet

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.