COLIN An honour long overdue

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

COLIN An honour long overdue

Postby davetheoldmod » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 pm

As he goes about his daily business at a secret Royal Marine location on the downs, near the suspension bridge, Colin faces death on a daily basis. Only the other day he diffused a live teabag by putting it in a cup of hot water He regaled me of the time he captained a mini submarine up the Avon and torpedoed the Pill Ferry. Sadly in the Vietnam war he was captured and spent 23 hours a day in the notorious Lambretta restoration camp drinking only 2 stroke till he went mad. He still bears the scars today You hear it in his voice. He told me of his teenage days t’other side of the Mendips He drove the family Massey Ferguson to dances and says riding his SX today reminds him.....lumpy, always breaking down, smelly, terrible steering and falling into rhynes ! Col started the Wells Old Geezers Scooterists and advertised in Scootering under the heading ‘Become a WOG’ sadly he was up on racist charges and did 6 months imposed on him at Wells Assizes by Judge Reg Jefferies. ’Hanging’ is an option the judge said. Colin is like Marmite.....love him or hate him....personally I like Bovril. Men like Colin are hard to find nowadays and for that reason and as no-one else in the club is as old as him (he remembers the last public hanging at the old Bristol Gaol) I believe we should honour him as our Life President before he falls off the perch.
Dave C: Growing old not growing up - I'm a Mod ain't I.
davetheoldmod
BMSC member

Location: Burnham-on-Sea, where it now rains all year round on Vespa and LambrettaRiders

Re: COLIN An honour long overdue

Postby Colin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm

:ha ha Dave,
I know youv'e been stressed out lately mate trying to corner the European Vespa on a budget market and. " Death r us." funeral services, but promise me as a fellow club member,and sortt'a friend.
Stop drinking that Meths,you know it got your sister a few years back,and she was only 47.
If you insist on killing yourself at a young age, ( and you surely will riding that Vietnam " Cut & Shunt.) Try drinking Vodka & Gunk,that'll drive you clean round the bend !
If your'e looking for a laugh,the Samaritans are always a good wind up ! I also work part time as their hit man. So I am available to push you off Clifton Suspension Bridge at short notice.
Get a grip of yourself man,the members are muttering,They already call you Dave the mad,and not Dave the Mod behind your back.
See your Doctor soon for God sake ! You have definately got Asian Rust diease !
Take Care,or at least take something ! :ha ha : :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
SX 150.
Colin
BMSC member

Re: COLIN An honour long overdue

Postby davetheoldmod » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Col....liz and I are praying for you as I post........take care old friend.......one day at a time..old pal......sometimes at your age things seem larger than they actually are but you always have a room here...we will help.....dont despair....you will be Life President...our members love you.....dont doubt them'''arise" PRES COL
Dave C: Growing old not growing up - I'm a Mod ain't I.
davetheoldmod
BMSC member

Location: Burnham-on-Sea, where it now rains all year round on Vespa and LambrettaRiders

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.