The Stones at Glastonbury

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

The Stones at Glastonbury

Postby Steve Holloway » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Just watched it on BBC2, definitely didn`t do it for me, but then I`ve never been a big fan.................................
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Re: The Stones at Glastonbury

Postby davetheoldmod » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:36 pm

same here steve................these old buggers trying to relive their youth :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Dave C: Growing old not growing up - I'm a Mod ain't I.
davetheoldmod
BMSC member

Location: Burnham-on-Sea, where it now rains all year round on Vespa and LambrettaRiders

Postby Rich B » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Brilliant roll on Hyde park next saturday considering they only done 5 numbers of a 2hr gig they might be old but rolling stone promotions. All got there heads screwed on regarding money and royalites there with the BBC :clapping:

But Hey what about kenny Rogers and Brucie fantastic just the job for a saturday and Sunday before Watershed :stomp:

just about to watch PIL ?????????????
Hillfields 69 li125 series 2 SS180
Rich B
BMSC member

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Point taken Rich, I accept we only saw a small part of a 2 hour set, which was a shame, but as you say the Stones have always been astute business men!

What about Jagger? 69 and still strutting around the stage like a young buck! Not into drugs, but I`ll have some of whatever he`s taking!
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby Rich B » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Hope I can still perform at anything at there age look at Keith Richards married to a drop dead gorgeous wife and two daughters you could only lust over :naughty like you said I have what he`s on even at 5?

Did have a couple private laugh's but has Charlie got a false top set thought they might drop at some point!
like you said have to admire them after 50 years and can still strut there stuff
but listing to interview on radio yesterday with Jagger ( Radio 3 said b*****d I know) he wanted to be a School teacher said being a pop icon was not very taxing on the brain but what a life style beats Boilers any day
Hillfields 69 li125 series 2 SS180
Rich B
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.