Diamant S3 floor mat wanted

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Diamant S3 floor mat wanted

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Ideally red/black - but not really fussed.
Anyone got a spare one in the garage they will flog me (please!!!)
I want the Diamant type with cut-outs. ;-)
Cheers
Norm
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Re: Diamant S3 floor mat wanted

Postby TV175S3 Chris » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Norm

genuine Diamantes are very hard to come by as they have not been produced since the late 1960's early 1970's. If you can find any they are generally ripped and/ or perished due to age and petroil splashes.

Remade ones were/ are available at Scootopia- not sure of colour choices (if any0

You mention "cut- outs" - do you mean the mat that has cut outs where the floor runners are and that slip in place but reveal all of the runners? - if so, again Scootopia had some and did them in different colours.- I think they call them "Zebra" mats

If you are after genuine 1960's Diamantes, then as a very long shot, Nigel Cox had a big pile of mats he took off imported scooters- however, this is going back at least 10 years, and they might have been disposed of when he sold the museum. The museum itself is now closed as far as I am aware.

Ebay show genuine ones from time to time but are very expensive and generally falling apart.

I have a solid black "Diamante style" Scootopia remade on my yellow TV I could be persuaded to part with.......

Chris
Lambretta scootering April 1968 to April 2021. Now retired.
TV175S3 Chris

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:19 am

I've always hankered after an original series 3 floor mat - the one that is burgundy with black parts - the type that is used on all the 'Jimmy' lookalikes!

And yer right Chris - the few that appear on Ebay are pretty ropey -very worn, as you would expect, with the rear section on the carb side always perished quite badly as you say, due to years of being exposed to petrol!

I've bid on a few over the years, with quite high bids for what they are, and being a bit thin on the ground,they've always gone for much much more, well into the 'silly' money price bracket!

Good luck with that, Norm!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby TV175S3 Chris » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:38 pm

this is a copy of what I call a "Diamant" floormat:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASA-LAMBRETT ... 1211483634

Chris
Lambretta scootering April 1968 to April 2021. Now retired.
TV175S3 Chris

Postby gerry » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:53 pm

have an original in red and black very good condition,

http://s154.photobucket.com/user/gersco ... 1.mp4.html

serious offers accepted , rare as rocking horse sh*t, or will put back in the treasure vault,, :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D lol
lambretta is a way of life

GTS is a way of commuting
gerry
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.