No Bristol Miniday This Year!

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

No Bristol Miniday This Year!

Postby Jim » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:44 am

The Bristol Miniday will NOT take place this year!

Here is the confirmation, which I found on The Bristol Mini and Cooper Club forum-

It is with regret that I write to inform you that Bristol Miniday won't be going ahead this Summer.

There are many reasons for this - and I can assure you that it isn't something we considered lightly. Bristol Miniday has been a family run show for over 20 years and we have loved every moment of it...and every venue! However, the show hasn't been going as well as we would have liked in the last few years and has become difficult to run successfully.

But this is not the end! This year we will be linking up with another event at the same location, Washingpool Farm in Easter Compton. It's a classic car and bike show called Summer Classics which will be held in September. It is a great show with so much variety. British, European, American, military and agricultural vehicles. By joining forces with this other event, we hope to bring back the fun loving and energetic spirit of Bristol Miniday once more.

Thank you for your support over all the years and thank you for being part of the whole Bristol Miniday experience.

What a shame! BMSC have been attending the Bristol Miniday for many years! But as mentioned in the communication, the Summer Classics show takes place later on in the year and we will be going to that one, which is being held on Sunday September 14th.
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.