Two Stroke Mix

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Two Stroke Mix

Postby Jim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:45 am

Ran out of two stroke petrol additive on Sunday, and wanted to take the scoot out for a spin. I'd heard of washing up liquid being used before, so thought I'd give it a try.

I added some Fairy liquid to the petrol, and apart from the odd bubble coming out of the exhaust, it seems to work fine! I guess it will keep the piston and barrel nice 'n' clean as well!

Anybody else used this before or tried anything else as a substitute?
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Two Stroke Mix

Postby Steve Holloway » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Sounds good Jim, and if you need to strip the engine your hands should stay clean and soft!

I`ve never tried an alternative for 2-stroke, but I do have a `substitute` story:

Many years ago I attempted to get into the Locarno without wearing a tie, the bouncer gave me the usual `you ain`t coming in here without a tie` so I went down the queue asking if anyone had a spare one, eventually a helpful bloke said ` I haven`t got a tie but I`ve got a set of jump leads in my car parked just downstairs, why not put them around your neck in place of a tie?` So that`s what I did and re-joined the queue, when I reached the bouncer on the door again he said `OK you can come in, but don`t start anything!` :-D
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Re: Two Stroke Mix

Postby nickwill » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:24 pm

I often use fabric conditioner in with the fuel, as it keeps my mudflap soft.

PS had scoot out today, just for a couple of miles. Some tweaks to do on carb and cables but flying along nicely.
Oh and haven't fully tightened rear hub nut - remind me to do that !!
Nick
nickwill
Committee Member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.