Colin's Ride Of Remembrance <POSTPONED>

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Colin's Ride Of Remembrance <POSTPONED>

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:24 am

NOW CANCELLED

Our dear friend and fellow club member Colin Birch very sadly passed away on the 10th of January after a very brave fight against cancer, and this Sunday we are having a rideout in his honour.

We will be riding to Wells, which is where Colin lived, and we'll be parking up in the Square around midday for a spot of lunch and raise a glass in Colin's memory.

MEET UP AT THE ARNOLFINI

THIS SUNDAY 10TH AUGUST

AT 10:30AM FOR 11:00 DEPARTURE

TO RIDE TO WELLS TO REMEMBER COLIN

You can of course, ride direct to Wells and meet up with us there.

Colin was such a keen supporter of this club, so please try and attend this ride to commemorate a really great guy.

Thank - you.

NOW CANCELLED
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Colin's Ride Of Remembrance This Sunday 10th August

Postby Jim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:47 am

Going by the weather forecast, Sunday is not looking too good, with things like an "ex hurricane" hanging around the UK! I know these forecasts can sometimes be a bit inaccurate and somewhat exaggerated, but high winds and heavy rain don't really make for a good rideout!

We are not actually cancelling Sunday's proposed ride, as you never know, it might turn out to be dry and sunny! But it will be down to each man on Sunday morning whether to get the scoot out and ride to the Arnolfini, and then decide with whoever turns up if the ride to Wells is to continue, or give this one a miss! I guess it largely depends on what the weather is doing around 11:00am!

So, with this in mind, and the weather turns out as bad as they say it's going to be and not many (if any) turn up, we will definitely give this ride another go in September!

Let's see what happens on Sunday morning!

Good luck!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Colin's Ride Of Remembrance This Sunday <UPDATE>

Postby Steve Holloway » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Apparently there`s a 60% chance that the UK will get the tail end of `Hurricane Bertha` currently heading across the atlantic. Fierce winds and torrential rain is forecast here Sunday morning.

There is a chance that the storm will veer off course and miss Britain completely!

However, the Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for most of England & Wales, warning of `volatile` conditions

I think postponing this ride until September is probably a good shout Jim
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby Graham Clark » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:34 am

Good idea Jim this gets my vote ( im a chicken )
SX 150. One of the last SX 150's made in Italy.
Graham Clark
BMSC member

Postby Jim » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:28 am

OK - so there is no confusion, let's officially cancel this ride!

However, if you want to risk it and still meet up at the Arnolfini, feel free! But you might be the only one there!

DUE TO PROBABLE VERY BAD WEATHER

THE RIDE THIS SUNDAY HAS NOW BEEN

CANCELLED

WE WILL RESCHEDULE THIS RIDE

FOR LATER ON IN THE YEAR

PROBABLY SOMETIME IN SEPTEMBER

DATE TO BE CONFIRMED

MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW

I'm not very keen on cancelling rides, but going by the weather warnings, I think on this occasion it is the best thing to do!

If you have any questions suggestions or objections, feel free to give me a call on 07816 194736.

(I bet it will be nice 'n' sunny now!)
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.