Ian Mclagan - Sad news.

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Ian Mclagan - Sad news.

Postby Jim » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:23 am

Sad new yesterday - Ian Mclagan from the original Small Faces has died.

The Small Faces were arguably the most iconic Mod group of the sixties.

Lead singer Steve Marriott passed away in '91

Copied from a news forum-

Rolling Stones collaborator and Faces keyboardist Ian McLagan died today after suffering a stroke.

A statement on his official website said the 69-year-old musician died in Austin, Texas, a day after the seizure. He had been due to begin a North American tour today

McLagan, born in Isleworth, Middlesex, was a member of British pop group Small Faces in the 1960s and the band changed their name to Faces when Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood joined in 1969.

McLagan went on to record and perform with the Rolling Stones, playing on the band's 1978 album Some Girls, including the organ solo on the hit single Miss You. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012.

Here is a link to Ian's website-

http://www.ianmclagan.com/

Here's a classic clip of them in action-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkIofKwraaI
you might have to right click and open in a new window.

R.I.P. Ian.
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Ian Mclagan - Sad news.

Postby davetheoldmod » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Jim, just picked up this post. Now we know we are getting old. Dozy from DDDBM&T passed away lately as well. Going to be some great music over there when its our turn !!!!! :help
Dave C: Growing old not growing up - I'm a Mod ain't I.
davetheoldmod
BMSC member

Location: Burnham-on-Sea, where it now rains all year round on Vespa and LambrettaRiders

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.