A Very Rare Scooter

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

A Very Rare Scooter

Postby Jim » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Had a call today from Mark in Scotland who told me about his scooter. He thought you guys might be interested in having a look at it, so he emailed me some pics to show you!

It is a 1957 Villiers Dayton Albatross twin 250

Here's what Mark said in his email-

Hi,here are the pictures you requested. This is a very rare British built scooter first registered in 1957. Last taxed and ran in 1968, this bike lay in a cupboard for over 40 yrs. It was my Dads and he always spoke about getting her back on the road.He passed away last October and I restored it for him,the bike is stunning. I have Chris Clemmings a reporter from the Daily Record coming over to take up the story and he will have an article in the Record over Christmas.

Thank you,

Regards Mark

I think you will agree that he has a done an absolutely amazing restoration, and that the scooter does look totally stunning!

Mark mentioned that maybe he would sell it, but understandably he wants it to go to a good home! If you are interested or want some more info, please contact me and I can pass on Mark's contact details.
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.