SUNDAY 12TH - COLIN'S RIDE - POSTPONED

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

SUNDAY 12TH - COLIN'S RIDE - POSTPONED

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:56 pm

As you all know, our much missed club mate Colin Birch very sadly passed away in January last year. Colin loved his scooter and was a very enthusiastic member and supporter of BMSC. He was always very good fun to be with and he always enjoyed riding his scooter with us and having a good time with our club.

We vowed that we would remember Colin and celebrate his life every year and we all agreed that the perfect way of doing this was to have an annual ride out in his honour.

Last year, we had a very good turnout for this ride and it really was a most enjoyable day - good weather and a really great ride.

We rode to Wells, where Colin lived, and parked up in the Square for a bite to eat. We then rode onto Glastonbury where we raised a glass of ale in Colin's memory.

We'll be doing the same ride this Sunday 12th July, and if you can come along and join in, that would be fantastic - let's have a nice big show of scoots for this one!

Here is the plan-

MEET UP AT THE ARNOLFINI

THIS SUNDAY 12TH JULY

AT 10:30AM FOR 11:00 DEPARTURE

You can of course, meet up with us at Wells.

Really looking forward to this ride - hope to see you on the day!

PS - Don't forget The Summer Fayre at Coalpit Heath on Saturday 11th if you want to show your scoot in the afternoon (see the 'July - What's Going on!' posting for more details) and also Bernie's Big Night Out at The Sportsmans on the Saturday night!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: SUNDAY 12TH - COLIN'S RIDE OF REMEMBRANCE

Postby gerry » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:17 pm

will be there mate :wave:
lambretta is a way of life

GTS is a way of commuting
gerry
BMSC member

Postby davetheoldmod » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:55 pm

Jim, Liz and I will meet you at Wells. Give me a rough estimate of when you will be arriving.
Dave C: Growing old not growing up - I'm a Mod ain't I.
davetheoldmod
BMSC member

Location: Burnham-on-Sea, where it now rains all year round on Vespa and LambrettaRiders

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:12 pm

We plan to leave the Arnolfini around eleven, but we often are a little late in leaving!

All being well(s) we should be there around midday - subject of course, to any repairs en route!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:47 am

Typically, the weather has been largely quite good during this week, but the forecast for this Sunday looks a little bit unsettled!

Looks like it is going to be OK in the afternoon, but possibly a little damp in the morning!

I know it's not very nice getting the scoot out of the garage when it's drizzling, but try and think positive - it shouldn't last too long and may even be drier than forecast! ( Hopefully! )

So this ride is still going ahead as planned, but obviously, it's up to each man to decide whether or not to take part!

Here's hoping that the weather will be kind to us on the day!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby davetheoldmod » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:03 am

Yep Jim, you're right about the weather, luckily have done two solo rideouts this week as the weather here has been reasonable ( reasonable !!! Its July !!) will meet up at Wells (weather permitting ) :-D
davetheoldmod
BMSC member

Location: Burnham-on-Sea, where it now rains all year round on Vespa and LambrettaRiders

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:22 pm

Well, I was trying to think positive this morning as I pulled my scoot outa the garage in the wet, which I was hoping might just be a 'passing shower', but by the time I got to the Arnolfini, it was raining like a good 'un!

Dave N and Steve 'Shaver' also turned up, and whist we were talking about actually doing this ride, the heavens really opened up on us!

So we decided it wasn't worth doing and it would be better to do this ride another time, when more of the other guys would be with us!

So, rain stop play on today's ride! Nobody likes riding in heavy rain and I don't blame anybody for not getting the scoots out this morning! Fair play to Dave N and Steve for trying, and also Gerry for having a go!

We are going to do this ride on another day - looks like it might be next Sunday 19th, so watch out for confirmation of this over the next few days! Is this date OK for anyone?

Right, just got to dry out this sopping wet parka!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: SUNDAY 12TH - COLIN'S RIDE - POSTPONED

Postby davetheoldmod » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Appreciate your call Jim, saved us from a drenching and a womans hair wet is worse than anything on earth. Thanks as well to Nick W who did a Countryfile Weatherwatch and kept me informed this morning. We hope for better weather ( on a weekend ) in the future.
davetheoldmod
BMSC member

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:42 pm

Bl**dy Weather!

Was looking forward to this one, as I missed it last year as I was unwell at the time

Unfortunately I`m taking my Grand Kids sightseeing in London next weekend to try and give them a bit of culture! :help so it looks like I`ll miss it again this year!

Never mind, I guess whatever date it`s re-scheduled for somebody will miss it due to holiday or other commitments
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby Ian » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi Jim.
Nick and myself had our scoots already to go,and looking forward to a good ride out,but hey! Ho! Bloody weather,
Never mine,until next time. :cry:
Ian
Committee Member

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Well done guys, thanx for trying!

So when do we want to do this ride??

19th, 26th July, 2nd Aug 9th Aug

Any suggestions??
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Jim, In view of my previous posting, I would of course (selfishly!) go for 26 July
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby gerry » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:05 pm

26th good for me too :-D :-D
lambretta is a way of life

GTS is a way of commuting
gerry
BMSC member

Postby barry » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:30 pm

26th is the one I can't make. Selfishly , one of my mates is getting married AGAIN on the Saturday. It's an all dayer. Not planning to get up until the Monday.Sorry.
barry
BMSC member

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:49 am

OK, how about the 2nd of August, or just do this ride on our scheduled second Sunday of the month meet up on the 9th of August!

Any comments?
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Next

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.