Colin's Ride

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Colin's Ride

Postby Jim » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Excellent turn out for our ride to Wells and Glastonbury today in memory of our old chum Colin. Good to see Mike Pick joining us on his trusty SX, which is still looking really good!

The route we took from the Arnolfini to Wells can only be described as epic, venturing down roads which some of the guys didn't know even existed! Some thought they were on a mystery tour, and although it wasn't the most obvious way of getting to Wells, it was good to get away from the main roads and out into the countryside! ( I would call it 'scenic!' )

We then rode on to Glastonbury to check out the hippies - far out man!

Parked up for refreshments at Glastonbury.

Many thanks to all who took part today in remembering Colin and making it another enjoyable day, with no breakdowns to report! ( Phew! ) We'll be doing the same again next year, so watch out for it being featured in our 2016 diary! (Gawd, it will be Christmas before you know it! )

Take care and ride safe, and I hope to see you all again soon!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Colin's Ride

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Really enjoyable day,weather stayed dry,and exceptional company!
Thanks once again for organising.
Ian
Committee Member

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:35 pm

Yep, what a great day :riding:

As those that attended this ride are aware, we were photographed by a local journalist as we were leaving Wells (who just happened to be covering another story at the time) He told me that it will be featured in the September edition of a magazine titled: `Mendip Times` (yes, we`ve hit the big time!) which can be accessed on line: http://www.mendiptimes.co.uk. He also plans to include a brief write up mentioning our old mate Colin

The September edition will be available online from 25 August
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby barry » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:32 pm

Nice one Jim. Fantastic riding missing that squirrel, and as Ian said " good company".
barry
BMSC member

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:41 am

Yeah - I was wondering if anyone saw me do that quick swerve to avoid that squirrel! I don't know who jumped the most - probably the squirrel I guess!

Glad you all enjoyed the day - twas a good'un for sure!

See you all soon!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.