Christmas Night Out - Sat 3rd Dec - LAST ORDERS PLEASE

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Christmas Night Out - Sat 3rd Dec - LAST ORDERS PLEASE

Postby Jim » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:56 pm

Our Christmas Night Out is being held on SATURDAY 3RD DECEMBER, and as in previous years, we are having our Xmas Meal at THE LLANDOGER TROW INN!

We did look at other venues, but the prices at some other restaurants were as high as £45 per head, so we've decided to stick to The Llandoger, with the price just £13.49 for three courses, which is extremely good value!

We'll be meeting in the bar from 7:00pm onwards for pre - meal drinks! All being well, we will be seated to dine at 8:45pm, so you really need to be there by 8:30 at the latest!

As in previous years, we will have to pre - order our meals, so if you'd like to join us on our festive night out, please check out the menu below, and let me know what you would like to have! If you could let me know before Sunday 20th November, that would be great!

You can either reply or PM me on here, or text or call me on 07816 194736. If you are ordering for more than one, please could you let me know who wants what, as I have to put names against each order on the sheet, and after a few drinks on the night, it's easy to forget what you ordered!

So in summary-

OUR CHRISTMAS MEAL

WILL BE AT THE LLANDOGER INN

IN KING STREET BRISTOL

ON SATURDAY 3RD DECEMBER.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR MEAL ORDER

FROM THE CHOICES BELOW

TO ME BEFORE 20TH NOV AT THE LATEST.

MEETING FOR DRINKS IN THE BAR

FROM 7:00PM ONWARDS.

WE WILL BE SEATED TO DINE

AT 8:45PM, SO PLEASE DON'T BE LATE!

NOTHING TO PAY UP FRONT, BUT PLEASE BRING CASH ONLY TO PAY ON THE NIGHT

STARTERS

Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Rich tomato soup, topped with roasted red peppers and served with slices of bloomer bread.
Suitable for vegetarians.

Prawn Cocktail
Juicy prawns in a delicious cocktail sauce, served on a bed of crisp lettuce, accompanied by bloomer bread and butter.

Breaded Mushrooms
Garlic and herb breaded mushrooms served with a smoky BBQ sauce.

Coarse Pork Pâté
Served with our festive mulled cranberry chutney and slices of toasted bloomer bread and butter.

MAINS

Roast Turkey
Beautifully hand-carved slices of tender turkey with fluffy roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, chipolata, Brussels sprouts, root veg mash, a sage, cranberry and onion stuffing and gravy, to help get into the festive spirit!

The Ultimate Festive Roast
Feeling extra hungry? You can add even more turkey, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and gravy for just £1.49!

Broccoli & Mushroom Wellington
Golden pastry filled with gooey melted brie, mushrooms, onions and broccoli. Served with green beans and new potatoes.
Suitable for vegetarians.

Festive Burger
A whopping 6oz prime beef-burger loaded with brie and our festive mulled cranberry chutney, freshly sliced tomato, crisp iceberg lettuce and red onion. Served with a generous portion of potato dippers and coleslaw.

Festive Beer Battered Fish and Chips
Hand-battered to order with our Doom Bar beer batter and served with chunky chips, fresh garden peas and creamy tartare sauce.

DESSERTS

All suitable for vegetarians

Christmas Pudding
Everyone's festive favourite! Rich, luscious Christmas pudding, served with brandy sauce and sprinkled with a galaxy of gold stars.

Salted Caramel Profiteroles
Filled with cream and smothered with salted caramel flavour sauce, all served with whipped cream. Absolutely irresistible!

Christmas Brownie
A decadent warm chocolate brownie with scrumptious salted caramel flavour ice cream, drizzled with caramel and chocolate flavour sauces.

Ice Cream Sundae with After Eight Mints
A sophisticated dessert of vanilla flavour ice cream with After Eight mints, drenched with mint and chocolate flavour sauce, topped with cream and an After Eight® mint.

Phew! Thanks for taking time out to read all this, and I look forward to seeing you all on the night!

May I be the first to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! (You're right, it is far too early!)
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Christmas Night Out - Saturday 3rd December.

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:37 pm

OK, I`ll start the ball rolling;

Soup
Turkey
Christmas Pud
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Re: Christmas Night Out - Saturday 3rd December.

Postby danny mac » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:37 am

i,m in mate, soup,turkey,xmas pud !
danny mac
BMSC member

Re: Christmas Night Out - Sat 3rd Dec - LAST ORDERS PLEASE

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 am

Thank you for your orders!

COULD ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO JOIN US PLEASE SUBMIT THEIR MEAL ORDER BEFORE SUNDAY 20TH NOVEMBER!

Ta!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Same as Steve & Danny for me please, Jim.
Cheers me dears.
Norm
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Postby Jim » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:24 pm

Here's the list of goers so far-

Steve H
Dave M and Ang
Nick and Teresa
Ian and Marion
Danny
Tony
John and Lyn
Norm
and myself.

If you've sent me a meal order and I've missed you off the list, or you would like to join us but haven't submitted your meal order yet, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP - PREFERABLY BY THIS SATURDAY EVENING WOULD BE GREAT, AS THE LLANDOGER ARE CHASING ME FOR THE ORDER LIST. THANK-YOU!

Friends of the club as well as members all very welcome!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Graham Clark » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:46 pm

sorry jim cant make this one , I hope to see you soon cheers graham
SX 150. One of the last SX 150's made in Italy.
Graham Clark
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.