Colin's Ride - Sunday 8th July

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Colin's Ride - Sunday 8th July

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:34 pm

We'll be having our annual ride to Wells this Sunday 8th July to remember Colin Birch, who very sadly passed away on 10th January 2014 after a valiant battle with cancer.

Colin lived in Wells, so this seems a fitting place to ride to in his honour. We'll be parking up in the Square for a spot of lunch - usually a nice cornish pasty!

After that we'll be riding onto Glastonbury to raise a glass of ale to Colin, subject to the roads not being closed off for a religous ceremony, as has happened in some previous years! If we can't get to Glastonbury, then we might ride to Cheddar instead.

Unfortunately the 'Let's Ride Bristol' cycling event is taking place on the same Sunday, and lots of roads around Bristol City Centre will be closed off, so getting to The Arnolfini might be a bit tricky, if not impossible! (Bradley Wiggins has got a lot to answer for!) So with this info in mind, we will be meeting up at Fowlers Motorcycles instead!

Here's the plan-

MEET UP SUNDAY 8TH JULY

AT FOWLERS MOTORCYCLES

11:00AM FOR MIDDAY DEPARTURE

TO RIDE TO WELLS AND GLASTONBURY

This has always been a great day out on the scoots, so really hope you are able to join us!

Any probs please contact me on 07816 194736.

And as always, please take great care and ride really safely!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Colin's Ride - Sunday 8th July

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:34 pm

I usually write up a report of a great day out on the scooters on Colin's Ride, but sadly, due to insufficient interest and support, this ride did not take place today.
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby barry » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:58 pm

Yes I've had a beer. I need letters from both parents explaining the lack of attendance. Handwriting will be examined,
barry
BMSC member

Postby Steve Holloway » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:26 am

Contacted Jim early Sunday morning to explain absense due to illness, walked into Doctor`s 1st thing this morning to show receptionist swollen face in the vain hope of seeing a Doctor, she sent me packing with the promise of a telephone call from Doctor, still waiting :grrr

Will forward sick note to BMSC Committee when it arrives :cheeky:
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby barry » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Sorry to hear you're not well Steve.Once I've examined the doctor's note you will be given an exemption certificate. Speedy recovery mate.
barry
BMSC member

Postby Rich B » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Holiday Form/Request late being submitted as in Benidorm will submit on arrival back in UK after th 15th July
Hillfields 69 li125 series 2 SS180
Rich B
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.