Club Ride To Wells - Sunday 9th September

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Club Ride To Wells - Sunday 9th September

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:00 pm

It's our monthly meet up this Sunday 9th September, and we will be having our annual ride to Wells, in memory of our friend and fellow club member Colin Birch, who sadly passed away a few years ago.

Regardless of whether you met and knew Colin, this is always a great day out on the scoots! We'll be stopping off in Wells and parking up in the Square for a spot of lunch (The pasties are a favourite!) and all being well, we'll be riding onto Glastonbury or Cheddar for a drink! (Shandy of course, officer!)

I've got a great route planned out to get to Wells, which I'm confident you'll all enjoy!

Here's the plan-

MEET AT THE ARNOLFINI

THIS SUNDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER

AT 11:00AM LEAVING MIDDAY

FOR A RIDEOUT TO WELLS

Weather this time of year can still be very good, so fingers crossed for a nice day!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Club Ride To Wells - This Sunday 9th September

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Great day today, but Apologies to all, for myself, Norm, and Clive, seemingly leaving you all behind shortly after leaving Wells on the way home, we stopped in a lay-by when we couldn’t see you, but Clive told us that you’d all turned left off the A37 towards the airport, I later found this to be incorrect and in fact someone had broken down!
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Re: Club Ride To Wells - This Sunday 9th September

Postby Jim » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Yes it was a really good day out on the scoots today! Excellent turnout at The Arnolfini and the weather was pretty good as well!

It was my scoot that broke down! Just a heat seizure after going up that long hill out of Wells! Nothing too serious, just a bit of a 'nip up'! Well done to Barry who was just behind me riding two up and managing to avoid colliding with my scoot, which was skidding from side to side! (Phew!) We let it cool down for a few mins and off we went again and took it nice and steady for the rest of the ride home!

Many thanks to all who took part in our ride today! Hope you all had a good day out and all got home safely!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Club Ride To Wells - Sunday 9th September

Postby nickwill » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Thanks Jim for a great day out - enjoyed the ride to Wells apart from the angry farmer who tried to take the whole club out with his trailer !!
Relieved to hear your scoot recovered from its hot flush, and as you then had to negotiate Pensford hill it seems no worse for the nip-up.
Nick
nickwill
Committee Member

Re: Club Ride To Wells - Sunday 9th September

Postby barry » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Nice one Jim. Another great day.
barry
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.