Lockdown loosens! Easter Sunday Meet up.

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Lockdown loosens! Easter Sunday Meet up.

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:56 am

Hi all. Hope everyone is fit and well!

Wow. that was a long and boring winter wasn't it! Even more so than usual this year! Covid figures have greatly come down, we're now officially in summertime and the Sun is starting to come out again! Whilst we are obviously not out of the woods yet by a long shot, it's time to start feeling cautiously optimistic about the future!

I'm guessing that most of us have had the first jab by now, so things are looking good for getting out on the scoots again! Myself, Steve and Norm feel that Easter Sunday, this coming weekend, would be a good time to kick start our scootering season! Of course, we will be sticking to covid guidelines, keeping to groups of six, socially distancing (we've had plenty of practice!) and no physical contact! You can wear a mask if you feel the need, and it's always best to leave the house with one in your pocket! (Yes I hear you saying, we know!!)

So let's get the scooters out!

MEET UP EASTER SUNDAY

THIS WEEKEND THE 4TH APRIL

AT THE ARNOLFINI

BETWEEN 11:00AM AND MIDDAY

It's going to be fantastic to meet up with everyone for a good catch up and a cup of coffee!

Take care stay safe be responsible and ride easy!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Lockdown loosens! Easter Sunday Meet up.

Postby chilly » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:45 pm

yes why not, will be good to catch up with everyone I expect the conversation will be about vaccine jabs rather than classic lambrettas ,looking forward to it already,I think the weather is reasonable , all the best for now , chilly
chilly
BMSC member

Postby Clive » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:43 pm

I will be there clive
Clive

Postby Picky » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Sue and I will be there ...cheers
Picky
BMSC member

Postby Jim » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:50 pm

Many thanks to all who turned up on the scoots at The Arnolfini today! A really good turnout all things considered!

Bit of a chilly ride down, but we were rewarded with some nice warm sunshine!

It was great to get out on the scoot and meet everyone again for a good old chin wag! Hopefully as the situation continues to improve we can get out again for a few more meet ups and rides during the coming summer months!

Cheers and take care!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby chilly » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:21 pm

yes lets make the most of it, keep an eye on the weather and the rules of coarse and meet as much as the weather allows , although i cant make one sunday in may as i have to take caroline for her second jab , so my apologies in advance, all the best for now , chilly
chilly
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.