Please can I take some photos at the next meeting ?

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Please can I take some photos at the next meeting ?

Postby killerxkim » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:58 pm

Would it be alright if I came along, to whatever you’re all doing and take photographs?

I’m a student at Backwell School, and for a Photography Exam I am looking into a ‘local interest’ and I have wanted to introduce myself to you lot for a while now. Afterall, I did move to England because of The Who and the whole ‘Mod’ scene. Nevertheless, The question still remains if it would be okay for me to tag-along and take some photographs of you all.

Just for proof that I’ll do you justice =]
For my gallery . . . www.killerxkimxphotography.homestead.com

I do hope, as well to get someone who has all the fashion and is like a little time warp with their scooter and everything. [like most of you are] I had a quick peek at the photos, and these were just a few that I’d love to photograph more in depth[possibly a follow up session]; Steve and Helen, Little Jon, Kevin Sweet, and anyone else that is interested.

I would be more than willing to give you free 4x6 and/or 8x10 prints when my exam is over with.

If nobody is getting together within the next two weeks, is it possible to maybe get a few of you to do a proper shoot?
I’d really like to do this as my project and I’m all hyped up for it. Any co-operation would be greatly appreciated.
killerxkim

Postby Gerry » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:21 pm

You just missed the Cheddar rideout. The next Bristol Mod's rideout is Oct 8th from the Arnofini, Bristol, around 2pm.

There should be a few down there, as long as its not raining, or there is the Woolacombe Rally if you want to travel. :-D

Cheers ..... Gerry, Bristol Mods.
Gerry

Postby killerxkim » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:57 pm

Aw. Oct 8 is too late. =[ :puzzled: Anyone interested in coming round my end for a shoot. Yatton is half way [more or less] between Bristol and Weston-Super-Mare and I'd LOVE to do this for my project.

Not only that, but I'm getting a Vespa in Nov, and I'd like to meet someone. xD That understands the type of music and life that I've been tring to get into. And I've only hit the edges. I want to be put right into the heart of it.

heh. I really don't bite. Honest.

-Kim.
killerxkim

Postby killerxkim » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:15 pm

Cheers Trevor!
killerxkim

Postby Gerry » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:49 pm

I could ride over next week. What day you looking at?

Gerry ..... Bristol Mod
Gerry

Postby killerxkim » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:39 pm

That would be amazing. Um... anyday that is convient for you. Just let me know a day before so that I can set up 'Studio K'. =] Also- do you know somewhere that has a White Brick Wall? Thank you!!
killerxkim

Postby killerxkim » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:39 pm

Alright. I've got a better, more organized idea;

Option one [the cooler one]:
About three of you lot come down Yatton for a 'breakfast run'. Mum has offered to cook Pancakes and bacon and tea and coffee and such- just as long as you come in your fab mod gear [scootas too], and let me take photos of you. If I can get two or three of you, then we'll do it. It can either be on this Saturday Morning(16th) or next Sat(23rd). The 23rd will probably be more relaxed. And it will be around 9-10am till about Noon.

mod one-
mod two-
mod three-

Option two;
I find a white brick wall and one of you smash up your Scooter. Auto-destruction, baby. ;-)
JUST KIDDING. xDDD No- seriously, It would just be a backdrop. White-brick was a pretty popular backdrop in the 60's/70's.
And we meet there and do about an hour shoot. It wouldn't be amazing but at least it would be something. (an afternoon probably around 5pm, 18, 19, or the 20th.)

Thanks so much, all of you for your enthusiasum. Please sign up!
killerxkim

Postby princebuster » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:10 pm

offered to cook Pancakes

Mmmmm ..... Pancakes ... now there is an offer too good to miss :riding:
princebuster

Postby Gerry » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi, I live in Weston, so if it's not raining I can ride to Yatton on Saturday afternoon.

Please let me know if that's ok. Mobile 0778 696 6640

Gerry, Bristol Mods
Gerry

Postby killerxkim » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:09 pm

Yes- Pancakes is yum!
Obviously, today, isn't great- cause it was too short notice. But the sign up for next Saturday is still open. So please give me a confirmed YES! and your number so I can give you directions =]

Miss Scarlet; Thank you very much for you information! My friend and I are looking forward to going to John the Mod's stuff, cause she knows him through someone else. =] I love how everything goes in circles! Thanks again.
killerxkim

Postby princebuster » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:25 am

The next Bristol Mod's rideout is Oct 8th from the Arnofini, Bristol, around 2pm

Have you decided in advance where you are going, or do you decide on the day? I'll zip over from Bath for the trip out
princebuster

Postby killerxkim » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:14 pm

Yeah. Just an update- Princebuster, I can't answer that question. sorry.

We've decided that on This Saturday (given the weather is decent. So far, it's looks like it'll be okay, just some light showers early in the morning and then nice and sunny around 12. I'm crossing my fingers.) Gerry and few 'faces' are coming round to Yatton for Breakfast and a photo shoot.

I probably wont be around on the 8th of October, and my project is due around then anyway- but in November, when I get my scoota :riding: Imma have to meet up with someone and do something. xD It's only a 50cc. gaw. Being young.
killerxkim

Postby killerxkim » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:32 am

It was amazing. Thank ALL of you, for your support and things! I should have the photos uploaded (scanned and such) really soon. Gerry, if you wouldn't mind, you can e-mail me your mailing adresses, then I can get the prints to you. =]
e-mail: kim@smithdata.com
Cheers! Once again!
killerxkim

Postby Harrington » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:11 pm

Edit
Last edited by Harrington on Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harrington

Postby killerxkim » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:39 pm

Harrington; Yeah- I would love to have a go at that. My e-mail, if you haven't figured out already is: kim@smithdata.com Also, if you have aim: facexkillerxkim

I can't promise I can do anything this weekend- but give me a date, and I'll let you know.

I'm looking forward to EDIT. My mate Maddy and I should be going.
Last edited by killerxkim on Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killerxkim

Next

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.