Anybody have a modded up a GP ?

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Anybody have a modded up a GP ?

Postby Stacy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:21 am

Hello,

Wow what a cool site and club! I am from Canada.. I was wondering if anybody has modded up a GP? any thoughts? Cheers

Stacy
Stacy

gp

Postby Stacy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:26 pm

Why have haven't more people done this to the GP?
Stacy

GP

Postby Paul W » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:22 pm

Its nice to be original....my latest steed is better though..
Norm did mention to me Sunday about fitting a fly screen, i'm not sure i could carry that off.

:puzzled:
Paul W

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:42 pm

Yeah - but that was one BIG fly-screen..........

Postby Servetta Paul » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:20 pm

Alan Woodier has one !
I have a picture of it somewhere.
I don't know if he is a member here, but he 'hangs out' with the BMSC guys.
Servetta Paul

yes i have one

Postby alan w » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:40 pm

I have just noticed 2 pics of my GP on the pictures from bath parts fair what a brill day weather, people,scooters, traffic wardens!!!!!
And getting home to find the wife had finished painting the kitchen, life don't get better than that :stomp:

alan w

Postby djdean » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:41 am

its all about personal taste(which makes this scene so good and diverse)but i reckon a gp shouldnt be "modded"up as it was designedwith the 70s in mind as opposed to the li's and sx's of the 60s.Why put a flyscreen on the square headlight and make it look like every other model??but like i say thats only my personal opinion.
djdean

Postby Chris P » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:51 pm

tend to agree that GP's are better left as standard. They were designed with a view to improve flagging sales and are more 1970's than 1960's which are represented by the "Golden Period" scooters such as TV's and SX's

Chris
Chris P

GP

Postby Stacy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:36 pm

Fair enough, I understand it's personal taste. I see picutres from rallies on this site with 80's scoots modded up (P125/200) I think it looks great. Anyways, Cheers.

S
Stacy

Postby Chris P » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:38 pm

Definately personal taste- do your own thing rather than follow the herd

Chris
Chris P

GP

Postby MaLossi » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:34 pm

anything to hide a lamby.....vesper is where its at
MaLossi

GP

Postby Stacy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:33 pm

I have a '79 Jet 200 and a GP150. The Jet is almost running, it just needs a bit more wiring. The GP 150 runs great and I am thinking of doing it up. Anyways, I will take some pic's and post them. Cheers.
Stacy

Postby Paul » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:00 pm

Chris P wrote:Definately personal taste- do your own thing rather than follow the herd

I prefered Peter frampton solo, rather than when with the Herd. how about you ? ;-)

Paul
Paul

Postby Gerry » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:38 pm

hi met a scooter rider from canadian scooter club, www.apocalypsesc.com at the last bristol bike show, nice gezzer are they near you? gerry bristol mods
Gerry

Postby Chris P » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:57 pm

Paul wrote:I prefered Peter frampton solo, rather than when with the Herd. how about you ?

The Herd- first "Supergroup" from the 1960's. Peter Frampton , "The face of '68"- surprised you remember them!

Chris
Chris P

Next

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.