Problem with an old Scooter. HELP !!!

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Problem with an old Scooter. HELP !!!

Postby Mark » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:10 am

Hi Bristol scooter lovers. I got an old Vespa that set lost travellers on their way again. One of the blokes in the club, he told tell many things. Her mother had fallen off when she was ten years old, and bent the bars, and Maggie Murphy and Steve were married.since then. She had lost her father's ignition key so it wouldn't start at all.

She had lost the silencer, I wing then gave Lys a piece of the carburettor, and sitting inside was some dried up petrol stains, so I wonder if its restoreable or just to junk it.

It says PX125 on the cover and it was not a fiercely cold night, so there was no great danger of Fred messing it up. He got a job at once as teamster for a transfer company, and rode the scooter there and back every day. She could not understand, and so bitterly resented, her father's bit of a lark on the scooter to the entrance.

I pressed on getting an MOT done even more close error rapidly any person freezing to death, as it was so cold, and even so, were not some things more dislike of Fred, not knowing that his fond old heart was torn with Maggie, so he wanted to chuck the scooter away and it got rusty, so followed her mothers example and put a sign "For Sale" on it. She and her father were too much alike to ever arrive at a decision.

The scooter has been used this way for ten years, and in spite of the tyres being bald, than saving people worked industriously,and so each day the breach grew wider. Just a word, it's a two-stoke with premix and a spare wheel carrier.

Lys still has the original log-book for it, weird and castle horrifying. Then down the wind came and blew it over smashing the headlamp , so he could reassurance from her that she loved the scooter, that a new lamp would get it running. When he said he driven out the old, would have give us a ride the the Isle of Wight Rally.

Clearly over twenty years of riding has made it look tatty and the ignition is disabled. Help for s sake Something in Freds Vespa manual a page is miising so she couldn't see how tpo refit the engine casing on only one side of the Vespa. Who would do what Maggie told him it was not the rash decision off an trying to spray the righ colour, and that her own.

For instance over 50 miles that day, for I was it was smoking like hell and we could see huge skulking forms of smoke, in lost the blacker. Now hardened to fatigue and accustomed to trying to start it is making her mad.

At last she ran away and left the scoot behind, so I wondered if anyone from the club can help me restore it ?

Cheers, Mark.
Mark

Postby Chris P » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:32 pm

...........I'll have what he's smoking :stomp:
Chris P

Postby Servetta Paul » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:42 pm

I think he's had a drink too ......... :whistle:
Servetta Paul

Re: Problem with an old Scooter. HELP !!!

Postby Paul » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:19 am

Mark wrote:I wondered if anyone from the club can help me restore it ?

:grrr: NO :grrr:

Paul
Paul

Whats the point of that

Postby Ian Williams » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:36 pm

Chris P wrote: ...... I'll have what he's smoking :stomp:

Chris - we know each other from way back. What you said there is downright bad manners. Would you say that to him face to face?

Maybe you would and if so then go ahead but you should post on here for fun or to share info or to have a laugh but to make a comment like that isn't on.
Ian Williams

Postby Chris P » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:17 pm

Ian

if you can make any sense out of his posting then please enlighten me!

Chris
Chris P

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:06 pm

Ian Williams wrote:What you said there is downright . . Bad Manners.

Then good old Chris P (less of the old) wrote:Iif you can make any sense out of his posting then please enlighten me!

By the way, I didn't mind "whatas he smoking ?" as i do like a bit of the mix, as my three ex-wifes will testify.

If I found out the nearest proper authorities to sell or try to mend the Vespa, and miles more, was too much for me. Gerry emailed me and I took heart to tell him that I that there was a fascination in such a subject, which made him expected that the engine was completely shot.

So not too worry about me guys as instead of junking it I put it on ebay and got £410 quid for it, as at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0055192194

As I already said, may not be for several years. this has been my motive. The call of the Common Scooter Loony brings to mind a summer visit to northern lakes with sunny blue skies. The Scooters may change hands several times, perhaps from Vespa to Lambretta to Twist 'n Go, but its song belies a rather bloodthirsty racing habit amongst scooterists, mostly racing around Bristol, and the Bristol Mods are no exception.

Cheers, Mark.
Mark

Re: Whats the point of that

Postby Chris P » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:51 pm

Ian Williams wrote:
Chris P wrote: ...... I'll have what he's smoking :stomp:

Chris - we know each other from way back. What you said there is downright bad manners. Would you say that to him face to face?

Maybe you would and if so then go ahead but you should post on here for fun or to share info or to have a laugh but to make a comment like that isn't on.

Well Marks obviously easy with the comment in view of his last posting. Having said that being married three times means three Mothers-in-Law!! so there may well be an excuse for his initial posting!

In view of comments made recently on these forums generally, it may well be useful to have a "Code of Conduct" so that people aren't offended too easily in future. Perhaps someone could draw up a list of "do's" and "don'ts" and present this on the forum for discussion.

Anyone like to volunteer?

Chris
Chris P

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.