Wanted - SX Headset (Top)

The message-board on this page is for all sales and wants of Scooters, parts or Mod related items. It's not for selling other household goods etc.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Jim

Wanted - SX Headset (Top)

Postby Steve Holloway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 am

I know it`s a long shot, but does anyone have a SX Headset (Top) that I can buy/borrow/steal, to fit temporarily while I get my own repainted (or maybe chromed) as I don`t want my scoot off the road now the good weather`s here (yes, I know I should have done it over the winter!)

Any offers/suggestions: 07973 769227
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Re: Wanted - SX Headset (Top)

Postby Jim » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Steve - that is a long shot!

But lurking somewhere in my lock up I'm sure I saw one in a box of old bits! The only prob is that there are several casts of these, denoted by numbers, and they don't all fit all bottoms - ask anyone whose tried replacing one - they're a nightmare to match up!

But you are quite welcome to see if this one fits - if it does, I'm sure we can work out a daily rental fee!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Steve Holloway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Jim, you`re a star :stomp:

I am told there was about 4 different castings, but as it`s a temporary fit as long as it`s near as dammit then it will do.

I`ll give you a call.
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby gerry » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:04 pm

have got a few,, glad to let you borrow but,, not selling matey, :naughty :naughty :naughty :naughty :naughty :naughty there no money in em lol :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
lambretta is a way of life

GTS is a way of commuting
gerry
BMSC member

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Gerry, Thanks, but Jim`s let me borrow his and I `fettled` it on earlier this week. Mine`s now at S&T chromeplaters, back in 2-4 weeks :riding:
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby Rich B » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Steve
Must be plenty of money in the coach business if you can afford S&T prices he charged me £90.00 for kick start and £75 .00 for a pair fork links but in all fairness quality chrome and the best around his work is pefection when i was out there he showed me a set of air filters a guy wanted chromed from a V12 power boat engine the guy paid £850 to have them copper plated then chromed must admit if i million£ power boat £850 would be just loose change
Hillfields 69 li125 series 2 SS180
Rich B
BMSC member

Return to For Sale - Wanted - Swop - Scooter related items only.