Isle of Wight

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Isle of Wight

Postby Steve Holloway » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:11 am

Fantastic weekend on the Island made even better with amazing weather for the whole four days of the rally :stomp:

Myself, Des, Barry, and Dave Coombes in attendance, unfortunately Squeaker was forced to drop out at short notice due to mechanical problems with his camper van

Plenty of riding around the island during the day, evenings spent in the now infamous 'Gods Waiting Room' putting the world to rights over a couple of beers with like minded scooterists!

All in all, it couldn't have been better :riding:

Hope it was equally as good for the guys that went to Brighton
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Re: Isle of Wight

Postby des coles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:56 pm

Looks like we,re all on our heads in pic . Just seen UTube Video. Isle of Wight Scooter Rally 2017 by Rob Yalden 4.47 in to 5.01 Dave and Liz .. 5.28 in.. Steve and Pauline.........5.36 in Barry and Jane and 5.46 to 5.54 myself and She who thought she would,nt like it. There are probably loads of other pics and videos about, In all a Great rally,saw loads of old friends and made a few new ones as well.If your wondering ?I did,nt ride this year I took Motorhome with my trailer and 2 scoots, my blue SS and yellow and white TV and wife in tow, so to speak...Mondo :riding:
Mondo.Best of the lot Vespa T5,Lambretta TV175
des coles
Committee Member

Postby Steve Holloway » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:49 pm

Cheers Des
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby davetheoldmod » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:28 am

Cheers Steve and Des, was a fantastic week and spent 6 days on scooter every day. how scootering should be :scooter:
Dave C: Growing old not growing up - I'm a Mod ain't I.
davetheoldmod
BMSC member

Location: Burnham-on-Sea, where it now rains all year round on Vespa and LambrettaRiders

Postby barry » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:29 am

Ditto to all of the above comments. Couldn't have asked for more (apart from taking more money home than I started with). Many thanks to all who made it such a great weekend.
barry
BMSC member

Postby danny mac » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Equally good weekend in Brighton ! Weather sweltering , beach front rammed , nightlife second to none ,Myself,Jim,ian,nick,and graham, made a big impression for the club, parked right in front of the Volks bar ! Always had a crowd around our scoots ! Jim even having the pleasure of a drop dead Gorgeous 6 ft plus professional model on his scoot for a photoshoot ! Gonna be hard to choose next year for Brighton or IOW ! See you all next Sunday for coffee and catch up !
danny mac
BMSC member

Postby danny mac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Sorry,forgot to mention mike and sue in my review,they also done the club proud with their presence,also attracting a lot of attention,definitely the " posh and becks " of our club !
danny mac
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.