Jon Drake

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Jon Drake

Postby TV175S3 Chris » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Those of you that remember Jon Drake, the co- founder of this club, may be sorry to learn that he is unwell. Apparently he has heart problems with blood clots and water on his lungs. He is undergoing tests at the moment. This from Jon himself:-

"Thanks for the messages and phone calls, I could have sold more records today than Mace sells in six months, nice to know people have their priorities in order, lol. Had blood clots on my lungs and also water, which has led to heart damage. Running more tests for the next few days so should be sorted for OUT OF TIME, which I nearly was, can't get rid of me that easily. Once again thanks, Jon."

As soon as I learn anything else I will post.

Chris
Lambretta scootering April 1968 to April 2021. Now retired.
TV175S3 Chris

Re: Jon Drake

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Saw this on FB last night

I had quite a long chat with Jon recently at the BIAMF, Jon was attending with his stunning series 2 TV175, it was the first time I`d met him and my immediate reaction was `what a nice bloke`

I`m sure everyone involved with BMSC will join me in wishing Jon a speedy recovery
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby TV175S3 Chris » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:06 pm

update from Jons F/B page:-

"Just a quick update, they believe my heart failure was caused by a virus in the heart muscle. On medication to stop heart racing and higher my blood pressure. Thanks to everyone who has been in touch and all the people who have sent me messages. Jon Drake"

Hopefully on the mend.

Chris
TV175S3 Chris

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Thanks for the update Chris.
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby TV175S3 Chris » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:42 pm

another update from Jon

"They are still running tests, as I'm not improving at the moment, will be in hospital for at least another week. Lost half a stone, so I can fit in all my suits again, always a silver lining. Sorry I don't reply to all the texts and messages just knackered all the time, they are much appreciated. Jon."
TV175S3 Chris

Postby TV175S3 Chris » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:25 pm

another update regarding Jon.

He's recently undergone a very long operation for cancer- this is a copy of a recent post on his F/B page:-

"Jon underwent a 14 hour operation on Wednesday. The surgeons are confident they have removed all the cancer (it had spread from his nose, into his neck and up to his brain).
He has a long recovery (possibly 2 years before his nose is rebuilt)."
After speaking to Jon today, he tells me they still have to make tests to ensure all is removed, and he may have to have follow up treatment if anything else is found......the operation he underwent was massive"

We can only hope that everything has been caught. If and when I receive any further updates I will of course let you know.

Chris
TV175S3 Chris

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Thanks for the update Chris, I knew a little about this but didn’t quite realise the seriousness of Jon’s condition

I think it goes without saying that everyone at BMSC wishes Jon a full and speedy recovery
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby TV175S3 Chris » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:50 pm

I bumped into Jon and his lady at The Mall about 3 weeks ago when he said he had cancer- I wasn't aware the op was going to be so involved. All we can do is pray he will be OK. His demeanour was one of not giving up. I don't think he wants any visitors yet, but will advise of his situation when known.
TV175S3 Chris

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.