Ride To WSM - Easter Sunday

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Ride To WSM - Easter Sunday

Postby Jim » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:41 am

Hi chaps - hope you and your scooters are all keeping well!

We are having our traditional Easter rideout on Sunday 1st April, and we'll be meeting up as usual at The Arnolfini at 11 o'clock and setting off around midday and heading towards WSM.

As you all know, the weather over Easter can vary from nice and sunny to chuffing freezing! Apparently the Beast From The East is still lurking and may return sometime during this week, so who knows what Sunday will be like!

All being well we will be parking up as we usually do near the Classic Car Show on The Lawns and getting some hot coffee (Yippee!) and maybe fish'n'chips! (Hooray!) Well, we really do know how to live it up don't we!

Ah, the good old days when it was sunny every day!

So here is the plan-

MEET UP AT THE ARNOLFINI

EASTER SUNDAY 1ST APRIL

AT 11:00AM DEPARTING MIDDAY

FOR A RIDE TO WESTON SUPER MARE.

Also keep your eye on this forum for Ian's posting with the details for our Second Sunday meet up in April. Thanks Ian!

Fingers crossed for some reasonable weather and with a bit of luck hopefully see you all on both Sundays!

Any probs on the day, please call or text me on 07816 194736.

And as always, please take great care and ride really safely!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Ride To WSM - Easter Sunday

Postby barry » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:39 pm

Why couldn't it have been today's weather? Hopefully it will be the same next wick..
barry
BMSC member

Postby chilly » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:08 pm

should be ok weather permitting , fingers crossed .
chilly
BMSC member

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:19 am

Family here for Easter - so won’t be able to join you guys.
Weather has cheered up today so I hope you have a good day.
Cheers
Norm
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Postby Jim » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:54 pm

Thanks Norm! Yes, Easter Sunday is usually a day for seeing the family so unfortunately not everyone was able to get out on the scoots today!

However, we had a respectable turnout down the Arno all things considered and a good trouble free ride to the coast! ( I know, it's not really the coast, but WSM is the best we can do! )

A little bit on the cool side, ( we've done this ride on much colder days! ) but at least it was dry, and not snowing!!! And for once, we picked the best day out of the Easter Weekend to have our ride, but that was more by luck than judgement!

A slap up lunch of fish chips'n'mushy peas and a hot mug of tea soon warmed us up nicely, and the classic car show there was excellent as usual! We parked up alongside of the show, and our scooters were very much appreciated, although I lost count of how many times we were asked "Where are all the rockers then?"

We are having our 'Second Sunday' meet up next weekend, and there will shortly be a posting on this forum about that!

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us again!

Many thanks to all who turned up today, and I hope to see you all out on the scoots again sometime soon!

Take care and ride safe!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.