Graham Clark

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Graham Clark

Postby Jim » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:42 pm

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you all that our dear friend Graham Clark has passed away.

As we all knew, Graham was bravely fighting cancer and he lost his valiant battle earlier this evening.

Words do not come easy at this very sad time, but it goes without saying that our club has lost one of the very best.

Graham truly was a gentleman, very kind and generous, and always great fun to be with.

A good friend to all of us, he will be very sadly missed.

Condolences to Linda and Graham's relations.

R.I.P Graham.
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Graham Clark

Postby danny mac » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:32 am

Very sad day ! I was hoping against hope that he would pull through ! He was the very first of the club members that I spoke with up at the tea hut ! We had a common interest with rugby also ! Will miss you terribly !
danny mac
BMSC member

Postby barry » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:57 am

Sad news.A nice chap.
barry
BMSC member

Postby chilly » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:25 am

only knew Graham for a couple of years, but what a lovely guy R.I.P Graham.
chilly
BMSC member

Postby TV175S3 Chris » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:35 am

Sad news indeed- I was unaware of Grahams situation.

Enjoyed the banter with Graham, and his laid back attitude to scooters- often burnt my fingers trying to tighten his exhaust manifold (which never worked!!)

A nice guy who will be sorely missed.

Chris
Lambretta scootering April 1968 to April 2021. Now retired.
TV175S3 Chris

Postby Dave Merchant » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:54 pm

Very sad news R.I.P. Graham
Dave Merchant
BMSC member

Postby Ian » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:52 pm

Will be greatly missed, RIP Graham.
Ian
Committee Member

Postby des coles » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:09 pm

Very very sad news was a great guy will be sourly missed by all R I P mate Des & Sqeeker.
Mondo.Best of the lot Vespa T5,Lambretta TV175
des coles
Committee Member

Postby Jim » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:36 pm

Clive has asked me pass on his condolences to Linda and Graham's family.

He warmly remembers Graham speaking kindly to anyone interested in our scooters and always having a laugh and a joke with all the lads.

Clive said Graham was a smashing bloke, and he will miss him being around and joining in with all our club's activities.

R.I.P. Graham.
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Steve Holloway » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:38 pm

Words like ‘lovely bloke’ ‘smashing guy’ ‘gentleman’ are all too often bandied about without any real thought, but I think in this case everything said here about Graham is said with true feeling. In my 12 years with the club I’ve never ever heard anyone utter a derogatory comment about Graham (well, maybe about his corny jokes!)
He was highly regarded by absolutely everyone, and will leave a huge hole in the club.

I last spoke with Graham just a week or so ago, he was very upbeat, although a little tired. Although of course his cancer was terminal, his passing after a sudden chest infection, came much earlier than expected.

Graham’s wife Linda is letting me know the funeral date once arranged. I will then post details on this forum.

RIP old Mate
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:27 am

Everybody on the listing has said it all about Graham.
He was a good lad - been around for as long as I can remember. We'll miss him.
As Jim mentioned, he had a knack of saying funny things and some daft things - but always in good humour.
Thoughts are with Linda and his folks.
RIP mate
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Postby nickwill » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:33 pm

It's the bad news I'm sure all of us have been dreading.
There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. As we all know Graham is a great guy, always good company and I'm sad that we didn't get more time to see him and speak to him due to the seriousness of his illness and how quickly it progressed. I do know that despite Graham being a quietly spoken and modest guy there is a lot more to him than you might think, a kind and generous man.
Apologies for not referring to Graham in the past tense. As far as I'm concerned as long as he is in our thoughts he lives on.
RIP Graham.
Nick
nickwill
Committee Member

Postby gerry » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:06 pm

sad news indeed, Graham is one of the nicest , funniest, and well loved member of this club ,,for many years,, I will never forget his true love of this club, his commitment to it,, he always turned up
he also loved the music, and whole mod culture,, always happy to natter with joe public,, and those jokes,,,
he was also never short of his views,, as many a barny at Italian days when idiot with gp and stuffed dog would turn up and get both barrels from graham,, ,lol ,,
a top man ,who on the way back from iow crashed his scoot at 40mph and rode it one its side across 3 lanes and stuffed it in a hedge,, many would have said sod that, especially in his 60s,,graham just got new panels and rode his famous bent scoot ever since,, shows the metal of the man,,, rest in peace mate and I hope if in heaven, your breakfast does not have a snotty eggs, as I am sure you will tell them,, and gods waiting room has now lost a top mod

RIP BUDDY

Gerry and Steve
lambretta is a way of life

GTS is a way of commuting
gerry
BMSC member

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:23 pm

It was with great sadness to hear of Graham passing away,A truly great genuine fellow,what
You call a proper mod, been there and lived it.
Graham always had a great presence about him and style to match,always a pleasure to be in his
company,a very deep loss of a good man,always in our thoughts.
R I P . Kidney Jon.
Ian
Committee Member

Postby des coles » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:40 pm

Just seen Grahams funeral Bristol South Crem 21stFeb 10.30 Going to take some scoots?
Mondo.Best of the lot Vespa T5,Lambretta TV175
des coles
Committee Member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.