Bristol Volksfest Saturday 15th June 2019

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Bristol Volksfest Saturday 15th June 2019

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun May 26, 2019 11:45 am

It's coming up to The Bristol Volksfest 2019 and as usual we will be riding there on the Saturday to show our scooters :scooter:

We've been attending and supporting Volksfest for many years now, and it's always been a great day out!

It's being held at the same showground as last year at Birches Farm Long Ashton Bristol.

We'll be meeting up at The Arnolfini on Saturday June 15th at 11am and departing from there around midday.

Really hope you can make this and join us on the day!
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Re: Bristol Volksfest Saturday 15th June 2019

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:35 am

Thanks Steve.
I really want to join in but I’ve only just got back from a Portuguese cycling holiday - so a full day pass may not be forthcoming. Maybe I’ll join you there.
Norm
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Re: Bristol Volksfest Saturday 15th June 2019

Postby Jim » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Thanks for posting up the details Steve!

The official announcement just released is that the ground is now waterlogged and vehicles are already getting stuck and have had to be towed out by a tractor.

Even though the rain might ease off, the organizers have said please don't bring any vehicles onto the site today, but to use public transport or park on the road, subject to finding any spaces!

What a shame! Adrian and his team do a massive amount of work sorting everything out leading up to The Volksfest event, but of course the one thing they can't arrange is the weather!

Apologies for the late announcement. but I was hanging on as long as poss hoping things might improve! I'm guessing you guys have already decided not to venture out on the scoots!

This is the first time that our club has not been to this event to show our scooters!

Oh well, let's hope that the weather improves - it surely can't get any worse!

Looking forward to seeing you all sometime soon and riding out on the scoots in nicer weather!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.