BMSC `LOCKDOWN` *UPDATE 3 JULY 2020*

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

BMSC `LOCKDOWN` *UPDATE 3 JULY 2020*

Postby Steve Holloway » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Hi Guys, Hope you and yours are all keeping safe and well

Without wishing to state the bleedin` obvious, things are now looking really serious, and maybe now is the time for us as a club to act responsibly, and for the sake of everyone`s safety and wellbeing, to suspend all meet ups, either pre-planned or impromptu, until further notice :cry:

We are all fellow club members, but we are also friends (hopefully!) so it goes without saying that should anyone need help / assistance during this unprecedented time then please shout, either on here, or give me a call 07973 769227

Personally, I will have no problem self isolating and social distancing, as since moving to Severn Beach last year I`ve discovered that the locals do this as a normal way of life! :whistle:

Stay safe everyone. See you on the other side!
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Re: BMSC `LOCKDOWN`

Postby Jim » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:34 pm

Good call Steve - I'm in total agreement with this!

Only a week ago I, like a lot of other folk, were thinking "Yeah, I'll be OK, what's all the fuss about, I'll just carry on as normal!"

But things have moved on almost hour by hour, and we are all (hopefully) finally waking up and smelling the coffee as the saying goes, and realizing that we have to change our daily habits and start social distancing!

As much as I, like all of our club, love getting out on the scoot for a meet up and a chin wag with all the guys, I know that we have to sadly stop doing this for some time!

As a nation, we only have one shot at sorting this out over the next few months and we all must think about our social, medical and moral responsibility and take this situation extremely seriously!

If we don't and this bloody coronavirus continues to spread, God knows how long we could be in lockdown, maybe one year or more!

Hopefully we manage to flatten the curve and things improve, and with a bit of luck and a lot of determination, at some point we can return to normal life as we know it, and get back to doing all the things we love doing and have always taken for granted! Getting out on the scoots for example!

Good luck to everyone! Stay safe, stay strong and stay well!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby danny mac » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:04 pm

Yes guys,things are really getting serious,I now know somebody who has been officially diagnosed,a 61 year old female,and she is not in the "at risk" group ! But she is very ill ! I think it's only a matter of time for total lockdown,and rightly so ! People are crowding parks etc ! I am still lucky as to be working (transferred to the food sector) ,we will no longer see many of the businesses that are around today ! Hard times ahead i think ! Take care guys,look forward to the first meet after this sh*t passes !
danny mac
BMSC member

Postby chilly » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:10 pm

I cant really add much else chaps,so please go careful and be safe ,cheers for now chilly
chilly
BMSC member

Postby Steve Holloway » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:43 am

As the Government is now gradually and periodically easing guidelines / rulings, it would seem fair to assume that we are able to arrange meet ups again, whilst adhering to social distancing of course!

We now probably have a `short summer` to get back out on our scoots before the onset of winter (sorry for the negativity!) so lets hope for some decent weather over the next few months :stomp:

You will probably have to forgive my absence for the foreseeable, but as some of you know I`m suffering from a `Frozen Shoulder` resulting in limited movement of my left arm, as well as being bloody painful! :grrr: I`m currently undergoing treatment and hope to be fit for Isle of Wight, if not sooner! :scooter:
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Re: BMSC `LOCKDOWN` *UPDATE 3 JULY 2020*

Postby chilly » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:52 pm

anyone around tomorrow 1ish ?
chilly
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.