Unprecedented Times

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Unprecedented Times

Postby Jim » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:50 am

Hi guys. Hope you are all keeping well!

Yes, unprecedented times indeed! That's what everybody keeps saying and nobody can deny this!

When I think back to all the Easter Sundays (and Mondays) when we've ridden to Weston Super Mare for our first official rideout of the season, usually in pretty cold conditions (one year was bloody freezing!) and to wake up yesterday (Easter Sunday) to glorious sunshine knowing that we wouldn't be riding to WSM as usual just felt cruel and unfair! Damn this bloody coronavirus pandemic!

Of course there are a lot more serious things happening, but who would have thought that there would ever come a time when we were not allowed to jump on our scooters and ride down to The Arnolfini for a cup of coffee and a chinwag!

Still, our scooters are going to be polished to perfection for when we finally can get out again, whenever that may be!

To fill up some time, like a lot of folk I guess, I've been having a bit of a sort out around the house, and came across an old memory stick which I hadn't seen for years. Lots of old photos from 10 years ago or more, some of which have never been seen before. So thought I'd make up a little vid for you to watch which also includes a few more recent pics as well, in way of saying thanks to all of you for making being part of this club really enjoyable and always lots of fun over all the years.

In it you'll see members of our club, past and present, and sadly some who are no longer with us!

Here's the vid-

https://youtu.be/1Wzl4svs8o4
you might have to right click and open in a new window

So chin up chaps, we will get through all of this, and I just can't wait to meet up with all of you again!

Take care and stay safe, and all the very best to you all!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Unprecedented Times

Postby Steve Holloway » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:43 am

Great stuff Jim :clapping:

How to make a grown man cry!
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby des coles » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Well done Jim,Brilliant Vid.Havent got around to doing anything jet to my scoots ,been self isolating since 16th March because of my wifes immune system.Lots and Lots of painting garage doors walls garden fences etc (lucky to have big garden) daughters doing shopping and all the running around and leaving everything in the front porch .Its her 50th birthday on the 17th April we were going to have a BIG party but that will have to wait (rest of the time trying to learn to play the Ukuele) Now theres another story.Only show ive done this year is the Carol Nash Shepton Mallet 1st and 2nd of Feb with Sqeeker it was a 70s weekend and we had to dress accordingly Booked everything for i.o.w end of August, got everything crossed for that.Keep SAFE Everybody I,l try and put some pics on Might have to call on you Jim. all of the very best chaps Des
Mondo.Best of the lot Vespa T5,Lambretta TV175
des coles
Committee Member

Postby barry » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:52 pm

Nice one Jim. Well appreciated.
barry
BMSC member

Postby danny mac » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:40 pm

Been on "furlough" for two weeks now ! Cabin fever kicking in ! It's the bloody weekend lockdown doin me in ! beginning of march I ordered a "legshield box" and managed to get it to fit with a bit of grinding and cutting! Quite a nice fit ! Just need to spray then scoot all ready to roar thanks to some previous tweeking from Charlie ! ye sh*t times eh ? It's gonna be a long haul i think ! My German and Dutch mates tell me thAt their lockdown is being reviewed June 1st ! And then a gradual decline in social distancing,could be 6 months of more before any kind of normality ! Can't really see iOW or Brighton happening ! Still fingers crossed ! Take care a!l !
danny mac
BMSC member

Postby chilly » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:29 pm

yes that was a nice video,quite a few members in a lot of the photos that i have never met but some nice scooters, keep them coming jim thanks, be safe, stay strong see you all soon cheers for now, chilly
chilly
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.