just say hello

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

just say hello

Postby chilly » Fri May 01, 2020 4:32 pm

good afternoon everyone just thought i would check in to make sure all of the bmsc members are all keeping well in these strange times , myself and all mine are all doing well, im not working as such as 99% of my work is in private houses although i have done 2 little outside jobs this week keeping to the rules of social distancing, we still dont know if brighton or iow is going ahead, if they are will the pubs and restaurants be open, we will have to wait and see, please feel free to reply, it will be interesting to hear how you are all coping with this, the main thing is that you and yours are all safe and well... looking forward and hoping for some happy and funny replies to cheer us all up , cheers for now chill
chilly
BMSC member

Re: just say hello

Postby Steve Holloway » Fri May 01, 2020 5:24 pm

Hi Rich, glad you and yours are all well. We are all well now, however my youngest daughter Abi fell ill with Covid Virus several weeks ago and eventually her partner called an ambulance as she was struggling to breathe, the ambulance crew were outstanding putting her on oxygen and staying with her for several hours to get her oxygen levels up, she refused to go to hospital as she didn`t want to leave her 11 month old daughter and she was frightened that once in hospital she wouldn`t come out! The ambulance crew eventually left, telling her to ring 999 if she went downhill again, fortunately she slowly improved but is very weak

Like you I`m not working, but finding jobs to do around the house, cutting the grass every other day, today I took the dyson vacuum cleaner apart and gave it a full service!

Was planning to retire in July but now changed my mind, can`t be doing this every day!
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby chilly » Fri May 01, 2020 5:55 pm

steve glad to hear your daughter is on the mend must of been very worrying for you all, ive done jobs along the community center quit nice along there in the sunshine all on my own, but trying to get materials can be a pain in the bum, cant just roll up at ashmeads , you are given a time slot and hope the boys down there pick you some good timber, so far its been ok , and I understand its the way its got to be for everyones safety, ill give you a bell next week for a natter ( if i get time,lol) caroline says hi to pauline, cheers for now
chilly
BMSC member

Postby Jim » Sun May 03, 2020 10:41 am

Hi all, hope you're all keeping well!

Yep this lockdown wasn't too bad for for the first couple of weeks but now getting a bit of a drag, but we all know it's for the best and we all have to continue doing our bit!

I'm still busy as it's almost business as usual for the company I work for, although a few guys have been furloughed. When it comes to the weekend I must admit that I can't really get too motivated with my scoots, cleaning and servicing etc. I have done a bit, but I'm kind of thinking what's the point if we don't know how long this is going to go on for!

Really missing our meet ups and events, like all of us of course! I always take a lot of photos and vids at these but here we are, nearly halfway through the year, and no photos taken so far!

Hoping to make another vid to post on here sometime soon, something upbeat and uplifting, with some great music to boost our morale, so keep an eye out for that!

In the meantime stay safe guys and let's hope we can all get the scoots out again sometime later in the year!

All the best for now.
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby chilly » Tue May 05, 2020 8:40 pm

nice to hear from you jim glad to hear you are all well,i get the scoot out and ride it up and down the back lane about a 400 yard round trip a couple of times, then i get a text from charlie watson saying i can hear that scooter, he lives just the other side of the railway lines so i give a blast of the air horns, i usually get another anther response anyway keep safe my friend hopefully catch up soon , cheers for now chilly
chilly
BMSC member

Postby danny mac » Fri May 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi guys,was furloughed for 3 weeks but now back in,didn't really want to go back,was happy milling around at home,and going out for long cycle rides in the sunshine ! It is actually a pleasure driving a truck at the moment,rush hour is a bit busy but after 7 pm the roads are empty apart from other trucks,even saw some " tumble weed " on the M25 the other night ! I write this friday ( VE ) day ! Think of what we could of done on this beaut of a day ! Set Bristol alight with our scoots ! See what Boris has to say Sunday ! Although I think it's still a long haul ! Stay safe guys !
danny mac
BMSC member

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Wed May 20, 2020 11:17 pm

Hey guys. Good to hear everyone’s doing ok. Steve - please convey my best wishes to Abi - she’s a real Trojan in deciding not to leave her littl’un. Hope she’s on the mend. As for us, we’re all doing ok actually. Having been retired for a few years, it’s a bit easier to adjust to being at home. I can’t imagine what it must be like if you have a job you really enjoy but simply cannot. I’ve resurrected a schoolboy interest in building model kits. I’ve done 2 Spitfires and a Hurricane - all 1/32 scale - so pretty big. Like Danny, I’ve also been out cycling a few times a week - and the weather has been pretty good. Sorry the VE Day gig was cancelled, Ian - that’s just the sort of event for us.

We seem to be slowly moving towards getting back to life - but I reckon it’ll be next Spring before we can do our thing.

Hope everyone stays well - and look forward to hooking up as soon as poss.

Take it steady, boys
Cheers
Norm
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Postby Ian » Fri May 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Hi all.
Marion and myself being over70( but you wouldn't think so). are self isolating,but lots of jobs to finish.
Marions mum at the age of 98,tell down and broke her hip,so in hospital,and nothing they can do,have
given her 2 to 3 weeks.
But on a good note,Nic,Jon,and myself,took our scoots for a ride to Castle Coombe and back,stopping at
the Bull at Hinton for a can of cider and a good chat,obviously keeping a 2metre distance,a really good day.
Glad to hear that you are all in good health.
Hopefully see you all soon,fingers crossed.
Stay safe.
Ian
Committee Member

Postby barry » Sun May 24, 2020 11:45 pm

Evening all. Report of today.... I took the Harley with a couple of friends to Weymouth/ West Bay. It was surreal to see how few cars and vans were on the A37, and how many groups of bikers were there. I started to count, but I would guess there were well over 20 groups, some with well over a dozen in them. Only saw one scooter, and that was a modern Vespa.
Obviously there were no pubs open in West Bay, but the fish and chip stalls were.(£9 a go), and the car park was packed with bikes.
I think the rules will be relaxed quite soon and hopefully we should be able to meet up. I would hope that this is sooner rather than later. I understand that some (perhaps justifiably) are concerned to the point of not feeling safe outside of their own house, but somewhere, be it next week, or in three month's time we will have to start up again.
barry
BMSC member

Postby Steve Holloway » Mon May 25, 2020 10:38 pm

Hi All, lockdown well and truly over here in Severn Beach, we are besieged with visitors everyday, kids, dogs, and cyclists, dog crap left everywhere. As the public toilets here have been shut for the last 10 weeks it makes you wonder where the humans are going?!
I’ve been trying to keep busy at home, built a porch/log store at the back door, and erected a greenhouse (for the Mrs, not me!) still cutting the grass every other day and now have the tidiest garage I’ve ever owned!

All shops are reopening mid June, holiday parks possibly reopening beginning July, so what chance Brighton / Isle of Wight August? :scooter:
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby des coles » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Hi all ,Had adgstone caravan and camping club site Sandown I-o-w phone me today telling me the site will be closed till next year .Don't know about the rest of the camp sites for the scooter rally but its now off for me. :mr angry One thing to look forward to and theve taken it away from me. pissed right off now.
Mondo.Best of the lot Vespa T5,Lambretta TV175
des coles
Committee Member

Postby chilly » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:14 pm

hi all hope you are all well, we have been out on the scooter a few times since the relaxed in the rules,myself, charlie watson , lee worthy and steve horten plus the girls went out on sunday for a spin the parked on the downs to enjoy the sun and shade and of coarse putting the world of lambrettas to rights. Myself and lee were out on saturday as well and we met a chap from thornbury who was on a very nice seris 3 sx, spencer was his name told him about the bristol mods and he seemed quite intrested so watch this space all the best for now chilly
chilly
BMSC member

Postby Steve Holloway » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi Rich, looks like BMSC might be on a recruitment drive! Do you remember the chap from Henbury Golf Club who we transported to the 1st Tee at the start of his one year captaincy last year? His name`s Adrian, he lives near the `Dirty Duck` Pub in Westbury on Trym. He contacted me last week after taking delivery of a SX150 that he’s recently purchased, he’s mad keen to get out with us and I’ve promised to let him know when we meet, meanwhile he’s busy buying lots of shiny bits for it! :riding:
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.