Riviera Run

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Riviera Run

Postby RallyRobRivieraSC » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:22 pm

Hi all,

Trust you all got home okay.

Just a BIG thanks from all at Riviera SC to all at BMSC and other scooterists from Bristol and and other areas for a fantastic day.

Good to see that the poor weather wasn't able to dampen your spirits and enthusiasm. A committment that really shows the passion that we're all proud to share not only in our trusty scooters but in other like minded souls.

Thanks again

Rob J and all at Riviera SC
1977 Rally 200, 1970 GP225 - www.funkspeed.com
RallyRobRivieraSC

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:20 pm

Just got home, Rob. Knackered.

On behalf of all the Bristol guys and gals , thanks to you and all the Riviera and Showmen scooterists who turned up on a relentlessly grotty day. It was quite a good sized group given the conditions. Your dedication is noteworthy. (NOTE: the sun popped out from the clouds as I closed my garage door here in Bristol 30 minutes ago!.
:whistle:

However, I know that we all enjoyed ourselves, we didn't have any major technical problems and I hope we get to team up with you guys again. Maybe we can get you down our neck of the woods - next Sunday there's the Lambretta Bar do on Saturday evening plus the rideout on Sunday (that's in Bath). If not that, then I'll search to find other options for you to think about.

Some good news on the day - Barry and Gail have announced they are getting hitched - on behalf of all in the Club, we wish them all the very best.

I'll drop you a note about the numbers for the Riviera SC badges we talked about.

Thanks again and all the best
Norm (from BMSC)
Last edited by Norm the Newsletter on Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:41 pm

Little bit more info on yesterday.

There were 11 Bristol Mods and 2 passengers on the day - plus the Riviera and Showmen turned out another 12 scoots plus several passengers.

It was pouring when we arrived at Newton Abbot - plus one of the Riviera lads had to fix a snapped throttle cable, so we went and had a quick breakfst at Sainsbury's. When we got back to the meeting point, it stopped raining (bucketing!) - around 11:15 - and we set out for Torquay.

It started to look more settled so we took off towards Paignton where we stopped opposite the old cinema for a bit. Then we decided to shoot off towards the Dartmouth Ferry. We got as far as Brixham - and most folks decided to have something to eat. We parked right next to The Golden Hind and fish n' chips was the order of the day - except for Barry and Gail who had a proper sit down Roast Lamb lunch.

Unfortunately, whilst we were stopped the weather closed in and most folks had lost their appetite for the Ferry. So, we went back to Torquay for a while and then people started to drift off towards home in case it really started tom pour.

All in all, I think most folks enjoyed getting together. Hope for better weather next time.

I will post some pics on the Gallery asap

Cheers
Norm
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.