Scoot sorted

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Scoot sorted

Postby danny mac » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi guys,as most of you know my scoot died on the Friday at Brighton ! After charlie played around with it 18 months prior it was running like a new scoot,I simply couldn't get off it ! At Brighton Gerry tried in vain to get it going but concluded the source of the lack of spark was the Stator ! So ,I fitted brand new quality German stator (£60) but still no spark ! So I contacted paul "get smart" and he picked it up and took it away and phoned me 30 minutes later saying he had got it going !!!!!!! I had positioned the new stator in the exact same place as the old one which meant the timing was about a month out ! So timing set,New plug,New plug cap,New HT lead,and the scoot now bursts into life in the first kick ! And runs like a dream ! Paul now lives and works out of Newport / usk ! But is still covering the South West with a minimal charge for collection/drop off ! Top bloke ! And many thanks to Gerry for yet again getting his spanners out for the cause ! See you at next meet ! Whenever that may be ! Stay safe maties !!
danny mac
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.