happy christmas everybody

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

happy christmas everybody

Postby chilly » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:37 pm

From myself and caroline may we wish all members of BMSC a very merry Christmas , and a happy and HEALTHY 2022, lets hope we can meet up on our regular sundays for chats and rides, I know we are all getting older with age related ailments but I as one hope we can keep this great scooter club up and running, and show off our great common interests,so cheers to all you guys and your scoots , so cheers for now guys and see you all soon :riding: :riding: :scooter: :scooter:
chilly
BMSC member

Re: happy christmas everybody

Postby Ian » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:31 am

Thanks Rich,
My sentiments exactly! It's a shame with all that's going on in the world that we haven't had so many ride outs
this year,so all we can do is wait and see what 2022 throws at us!
But like you any chance to get together we have to take it!
So a very Happy Christmas to you and Caroline,we'll meet soon :clapping: the
HOPEFULLY!!!!
Ian
Committee Member

Postby danny mac » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:46 am

Merry Xmas to you all ! Yes ,continues to be unpredictable times,let's hope for a better 2022 and more meets and ride out !
danny mac
BMSC member

Postby Jim » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:04 pm

Many thanks to you Rich and everyone else who has contributed to the running of our club or just turned up on your scoots in 2021, it is all very much appreciated!

Yet again it's been another very difficult year and we are now finding ourselves in a similar situation that we were in twelve months ago! We can only hope that things really do improve for everyone in 2022.

For my Xmas vid this year I have plundered the archives for a few old photos of all the things we got up to back in the good old days, with a few classic Xmas tunes thrown in to add a bit of festive cheer! Truth is that we just didn't realise at the time how good life was back then, being blissfully unaware of the impending Covid pandemic that was to happen a few years later!

In the vid there are photos of the London rides, summer and winter, Torquay, Clevedon, the events in Corn street, BIAMF and The Bike Show, Car Show events, ride to Wells and a few old pics of Brighton as well as meeting at The Arno and also on the Downs! Sadly some of these events don't take place any more, but let's keep our fingers crossed for some better times ahead!

Here's the link to the vid. I really hope you enjoy it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUtvQQ_v1Yo
you might have to right click and open in a new window.

I hope all BMSC members and friends of the club and everyone's family and friends all have a very Merry Christmas, and I look forward to seeing you all sometime in the new year!

Cheers, take care and all the very best!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Postby Steve Holloway » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:19 pm

Great pics Jim, and good memories of better times, let`s hope we are able to repeat some of those scenes during 2022 :stomp:

Happy Christmas everyone
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby des coles » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:16 am

Nice one Jim(as always)lovely memories of past ride outs and well thought of past and present members.As we say old Mods never die they just fade away.Keep the faith. Let's all have a great (triple jabbed) Christmas till next year.? :riding:
Mondo.Best of the lot Vespa T5,Lambretta TV175
des coles
Committee Member

Postby barry » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:17 am

Great twenty minutes Jim. Lovely to see Graham again. Season's best from Barry and Jane. See you in the New Year.
barry
BMSC member

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:22 pm

As long as we have guys in our Club with the positive mindset that is so evident in comments being made, I have no doubt it will continue. Isn’t it great to watch all those pics of the rides we enjoyed together and it gives you the urge to do it again ASAP.

Well done Jim - you’re in a class of your own putting these vids together. Happy memories, indeed.

Hope everyone has enjoyed Christmas and I wish you all, and your folks, a safe, healthy and scooterful 2022.

Cheers
Norm
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Postby chilly » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:58 pm

brilliant video jim, well done, hope its not to long before we all catch up ,happy new year all , cheers for now , chilly
chilly
BMSC member

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.