Remembering Colin Birch

For General Mod and Scooter Discussion and events organised by the Bristol Mod Scooter Club only. All other non-club events to go in the "Gigs and other events" forum.

Moderators: Norm the Newsletter, Steve Holloway, Jim

Remembering Colin Birch

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:26 am

Today sees the anniversary of the departure of our great friend and fellow clubmate Colin Birch.

He very sadly lost hs valiant battle with cancer eight years ago on this day 10th January 2014.

His sense of fun and commitment to our club was legendary, and he is still very much missed by us all.
(apologies for the photobucket logo)

Here's a very short clip from the archives of BMSC at The Bristol Italian Auto Moto Festival way back in 2009. ( blimey, 13 years ago! ) in which amongst other old friends you will see Colin and his lovely Lambretta SX scooter ( and Graham as well ) taking part. They were good times, and this event was always a good day for our club, but sadly it no longer takes place.
https://youtu.be/Awz_EyJSkag
you might have to right click and open in a new window

Take care and let's enjoy life while we can.
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Re: Remembering Colin Birch

Postby Norm the Newsletter » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:12 pm

Well said, Jim. He was thoroughly good company.
Let’s hope it cheers up (weather and CV) so we can get back together soon.
N
Norm the Newsletter
Club Treasurer

Postby des coles » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:48 pm

Well done Jim didnt know it was that long ago, memories going unlike Colins who had brilliant memories of all the fanytastic ride outs and week ends away with the Bristol Mods ...He was a proper Mod who lived his life to the full...Was one of the oldest in the club but now becoming one of the youngest .R.I.P Colin Good memories.
Mondo.Best of the lot Vespa T5,Lambretta TV175
des coles
Committee Member

Postby Steve Holloway » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:49 pm

Well said Des, yes, Colin certainly lived his life his way, pretty much until the end, not sure how he would have handled the lockdowns and restrictions on our movements in recent times! A great fun loving character, sadly missed
Steve Holloway
BMSC Chairman

Postby danny mac » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:54 am

R I P mate, hey jim,how can we view these clips ! When you say "right click" how can I do that on my tablet or mob ? Or am I just a techno dinosaur ?
danny mac
BMSC member

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:01 am

Hi Danny! That is a very good question you have raised there!

I've always added the advice 'you might need to right click and open in a new window' to my video links for many years now as some web browsers will not automatically open the link, and you have to do a bit more to view the video! This is only relevant if you are using a laptop or PC, and of course things have moved on and these days we are more likely to be using a smart phone or a tablet.

In which case, all you need to do is hold your finger on the link for a few seconds and a panel should pop up on your screen offering you several options on how to view the video, such as 'in a new tab' or 'in a new window' plus a few more choices! I'll update the viewing advice on the next video link that I post up!

Hope this helps!

Cheers all!
Jim
Jim
Club Secretary

Return to General Scooter and Mod discussion and club events only.